Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection issues with car stereo receivers

Hi everyone,

We've received reports about car receivers (mainly Pioneer) having connectivity issues. Bluetooth connection usually works fine, but when trying to use Connect it fails. 

The team in charge is already looking into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reports so far.

We can confirm that support for Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood car audio head units has been deprecated. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play audio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth or through a USB cable.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
pipeflo06

No, this is only way on my my best knowledge

MaitreTeTe

@JJSTRK 

What is this feature ?

b747fp

I'm not buying another device I have to keep charged... If I have to settle for Bluetooth mode I'm just going back to Amazon Music. Spotify Premium subscription canceled.

NoSurrender

NoSurrender  replied 4 hours ago

So I assume it is a Spotify issue rather than a Kenwood one?

Kenwood Support replied 3 hours ago
Dear Sir,

Yes this is correct.

Kenwood Customer Support Team

It has to be Spotify. we knew that!

melaw

@raf0815You can go to the individual app in Playstore and disable auto-update just for it. No need to do it globally.

@MaitreTeTeCan't say for sure but I assume the CarThing uses the same interface that previously got used by our headunits, but the programmers are either unable to or too lazy to implement both systems in parallel. However, they could just give us a switch in the options to run either/or interface protocol. It's clearly related to pushing CarThing sales.

NoSurrender

@melaw True, but not all of us are in the US. The last thing I need is more **bleep** on the dash. 😉

I won't accept no for an answer. But all I think I'm ever gonna get is bullcrap excuses about this. Here is a screenshot from their Facebook page that I lit up.

Screenshot_20220314-115932.png

Rob720

This is insane - there is no way that your app changed infrastructure so much that you can't put back whatever let me play music on this head unit 2 months ago.

These units are still being sold in stores today with this functionality.  it is not how partnerships work, i'm sure Pioneer and Kenwood are also pretty unhappy with this decision.  more explanations are needed here guys.
Mick46

@user-removed that page looks dead since 2018 to me. Apparently spotify stopped caring a few years ago.

raf0815

@melaw 

Thanks for the reply.

To me that looks different, the checkbox is called enable auto update, but even with it unticked, the app updates are installed automatically. So if I understand that feature correctly, I would need to leave it unticked for Spotify but tick for all other apps (which also takes quite some time).. It seems not to be possible to do that in one batch..