Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection issues with car stereo receivers

Hi everyone,

We've received reports about car receivers (mainly Pioneer) having connectivity issues. Bluetooth connection usually works fine, but when trying to use Connect it fails. 

The team in charge is already looking into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reports so far.

We can confirm that support for Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood car audio head units has been deprecated. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play audio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth or through a USB cable.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
pipeflo06

I have the samenissue in Pioneer avh2800bt with samsung s21 

pipeflo06

When planning resolve the issue

Russbmw

Here's today's update from my correspondence with Spotify customer support:

----------------------------------------------------

Hello Russell, 

Glad to hear back from you.

We understand that the update hasn't been given as quick as everyone would've wanted. However, rest assured that our best tech folks are still looking into this. We understand this might be frustrating, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before we've resolved the issue. Thanks again for your patience, we really appreciate it.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions for us. We're just an email away.

All the best,

Kenneth

Spotify Customer Support

----------------------------------------------

Hi Kenneth

Thanks for the response.

I don’t believe it’s a case of the solution not being developed quick enough – I’m sure most people appreciate that may take a while.  The bigger problem is NOBODY at all has replied to anybody on that forum thread , simply to just let people know what is going on.

Even if the people who originated the post could just reply saying “Sorry this is taking a  while folks, but over the last month, we have identified what caused the problem and are implementing the solution – shouldn’t be too much longer” or something.

Thanks

Russell

Mick46

@Russbmw thanks for keeping us updated. 

Russbmw

@Mick46 no problem, I don't think it's going to get anywhere though.

I get the distinct impression that the "spotify" people on here may not all be Spotify employees, and those that are don't appear to talk to anyone else at Spotify anyway!

For now I have given up. I've been going back to Pandora. Never had an issue like this with Pandora, yet Spotify seems to always have connection issues. This should not be a hard fix. I'm all for taking your time and doing things right but for a guy who spent upwards of $600 on a stereo that would work with all the music apps, this is frustrating. I've been very seriously contemplating taking Spotify off my phone all together but decided to keep it for now and hope in the coming years it works again. But I have little faith in them for now.

pipeflo06

Its incredible a company with the prestige like spotify cant resolve a problem with more than 30 days occured

LuisRaygoza

Device you've connected to your car (make, model, and OS version)

-> Huawei P30 Running Android 10

Spotify app version

->8.7.10.1262

You car's audio system (make and model)

->Kenwood DPX 503BT

Problem just started a few weeks ago, (5 or so maybe, could be a bit more). Can listen to spotify in bluetooth mode but not using spotify connect.

Micahebrown

I have a Pioneer DEH-S6000BS stereo in my car and my phone is a Samsung S21.  My stereo has been saying it's not able to connect to Spotify for like 2 months I think but the Bluetooth works just fine though.  I hope this gets fixed soon

Maik1199

Hallo Community

Selbe Problem bei mir !
Samsung Galaxy S10
Android Version 12
Autoradio wo aktuelle Version von Spotify nicht connectet ist
JVC KD- T7**BT
Downgrade auf Spotify Version
8.6.96.422 behebt das Connect Problem
Bei mir.
Sollte aber keine Dauerlösung sein !
Hoffe auf offene Ohren vom Spotify Support