Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection issues with car stereo receivers

Hi everyone,

We've received reports about car receivers (mainly Pioneer) having connectivity issues. Bluetooth connection usually works fine, but when trying to use Connect it fails. 

The team in charge is already looking into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reports so far.

We can confirm that support for Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood car audio head units has been deprecated. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play audio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth or through a USB cable.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Stefan84

Same problem here for over 1 month ...

Device you've connected to your car (make, model, and OS version)

> Google Pixel 5

> Android 12 - Last Security Update: March 5, 2022; Last System Update February 1, 2022

Spotify APP Version:

> 8.7.10.1262

You car's audio system (make and model)

> Pioneer AVH-Z5200DAB

> Firmware 18.12

IJeepNaked

Well, I've canceled. Not paying**bleep** customer service. Hope yall get it figured out soon. 

Jtrut

I too am having this issue with my pioneer radio. I noticed it start around new years

Samsung Galaxy a50, Android 11, pioneer 2330 Nex, the Spotify connection doesn't show up anymore

JesterK

I think everybody should take the link to this post/forum and spam Spotify social media.

I'm sure there would be a lot more people on this forum further we reach out. Spotify's Facebook group has 22 million followers.

Clothednblack

Plan

Family

Country

USA

Device

Note 20 Ultra 

Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS  version 8.22

Operating System

Android 12

Worked great then suddenly it never connects to my stereo. BT works fine but the app within the stereo was safer to use while driving. Works fine everywhere else, even my piece of junk google home, so I know its not my device that is at fault here.

b747fp

I guess we need some lawyers involved at this point to get their attention. I'll call some tomorrow. I paid $400 for a stereo compatible with Spotify and now it's not true...

Z0m8y

Same Problem

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Android 12

Spotify Version 8.7.10.1262

Radio SPH-EVO62DAB Firmware 28.01 

Yordan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hello everyone,

We can confirm that support for Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood car audio head units has been deprecated. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play audio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth or through a USB cable.

Thanks for understanding.

JesterK

Yes... Spotify, you're not getting any more of my money!

Screenshot_20220312-004554_Spotify.jpg

Clothednblack

"Status changed to: Closed

Hello everyone,

Thanks for understanding."

2 of the largest head unit makers are considered depreciated? I think you mean dropped from support. Even SiriusXM still supports them. Apparently the update broke the compatibly and no one is smart enough to fix it.

As for understanding, that is an absolute assumption. I doubt anyone in here is just going to understand the money they spent was just to be forgotten. I will be sure to share this lame excuse throughout all the forums I participate in, I'm curious as to how many people will just understand they will be left behind. Thanks for understanding my lack of sympathy.