Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection issues with car stereo receivers

Hi everyone,

We've received reports about car receivers (mainly Pioneer) having connectivity issues. Bluetooth connection usually works fine, but when trying to use Connect it fails. 

The team in charge is already looking into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reports so far.

We can confirm that support for Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood car audio head units has been deprecated. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play audio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth or through a USB cable.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments

Ok new weird things. I'm gonna try to send this image. Now if I can get Spotify connection to open on my phone it works through my radio. But just clicking Spotify on the radio it don't open the Spotify connection. Icon on my phone. If I screw without enough it will pop up. App issue? Pioneer radio issue? This is just insane. It's the white icon on the bottom. If it don't appear, no connection to the radio. If it's there it will work. This is nuts.

Screenshot_20220204-160103.png
junglesman

Hi, I have the same issue for about a week now and the last two updates did not fix it.. 

I will not install an older version of Spotify.. Please anyone who saw this "Me too" this post (possible after registration to this community and email confirmation) so maybe they will look into this and fix it in an update.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 with Android 11
Spotify version: 8.7.2.1205
Car radio: JVC KD-X272BT

youri_

I mean ofcourse you have the problem for the past weekm because the updates which broke the connection came out on feb 1 and 2. I have reinstalled the version of jan 19 and works like a charm ever since. It's up to you to use another version or not, but it depends on the priority they give this bug. They might aswell not find it a big deal and patch it in a couple weeks or months. So you could in fact wait it out. Or use the "older" version and have it up and running quickly.

You might have a lot of songs downloaded where you are concerned about to download again. I had 15GB of songs (around 5500) but if thats the only thing that stings there aren't any reasons not to use the other version in my opinnion.

vackaming

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Device

(Xiaomi Redmi note 10 pro) (MVH-S320BT)

My Question or Issue

Before spotify updates, i was listening into it on the car, when i had problems i just re enabled bluetooth and worked perfectly, after spotify updates my receiver won't connects, im getting connection failed, i have updated the firmware on the device and spotify on android but still nothing, bluetooth connected properly, when i used old version it worked like normal, but when i update into latest it doesn't work, when i changed into Bluetooth Audio into receiver it works normal with spotify but when i use spotify connect app (pioneer) it doesn't work, any help to fix this? I tried factory reset the car receiver and re install spotify

melaw

Did this thread just lose several replies or did I mix sth up? Either way,...

Spotify has to fix the issue just like they did in 2016 when it happened before. Beyond me why the instantly acknowledged the issue back then, but not this time.

Running outdated apk versions downloaded from an unofficial web source is not a proper solution. 

Eni

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for sending us this info. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to see if the issue persists with a different account?

Keep us in the loop 🙂

I actually did that also. I went through one day and completely reset my
car stereo back to factory settings so it was like it came out of the box.
Then I went into my phone and uninstalled Spotify and I have cleaners on my
phone and removed any residual files until I was sure there was nothing
left. I restarted my phone and then reinstalled Spotify. Connected it to my
stereo and the same problem occured. I have come to the conclusion after
playing with this for days now. My radio is doing what it needs to. The
Bluetooth connects just fine. My phone works fine. So it has to be the app.
Remember when I said the Spotify connection notification wouldn't pop up.
Well if I open the app on my phone it shows it's playing through my radio
but the Spotify connect icon is not there and the radio don't show a
connection. So no Spotify. If I can get the Spotify connection to open and
show the notification dot at the top, boom it works. So I don't think the
app is opening that part properly. I could be wrong but I feel this almost
has to be it. I'm gonna see Spotify can look into this. Unless you have any
other thoughts. Thanks so far by the way and sorry for the long response.
Sent the pic again showing what's missing most times.
Eni

Hey there @vackaming,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Additionally, we'd like to know if the issue persists using a different phone. 

Lastly, could you let us know the exact operating system and Spotify version of your phone?

We'll be on the lookout. 

vackaming

I have already did that but still, when i installed old version 8.6.8 it worked perfectly.

vackaming
oh and i tried from samsung phone too, still staying the same.