Context menu not working on Android

Description of the issue:

When using a blue light filter (or other screen overlay), the options from the context menu stop working on Android devices.

Threads in Community: 

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 6

Affected devices:

Android devices with a blue light filter/screen overlay turned on

Steps to reproduce:

1. Turn on a blue light filter/screen overlay
  2. Open Spotify
  3. Open a context menu on a song/album/artist
  4. Choose an option from the menu

Thanks to @Jacob_ for his information on this issue. :)

Hey everybody!

Thanks for all your reports here. We've been given the all-clear from the team backstage and are going to mark this thread as Fixed for now. 

If you're still having trouble, we'd suggest a clean reinstallation

Cheers.

Comments
pablobrasil
Music Fan

after some update (new look of the option list after clicking 'the three dots') - the 'add to playlist' does not work on my HTC one m8 phone (android).. nothing happens when I click it. I can't save new songs. Spotify - please do something.

Status changed to: New issue report

Hey @pablobrasil, welcome to the Spotify Community!

To start, can you let us know the operating system, and version of Spotify you're using on your HTC one? Also, does restarting your device make any difference?

Just to confirm. Are you running any other apps at the same time as Spotify when this happens? If so, close them and make sure that only Spotify is running.

Keep us posted.

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New issue report

Marked as new issue report.

Doobeedoo
Regular
Since the newest update when you hold down on a song and the features come up I've had an issue. Let's say I want to add a song to my queue I'll press the button and it'll say "added to queue" but when I check it doesn't, and the song won't play. Same thing when I try to add a song to my playlist I'll try to but the song won't have been added. It's quite annoying when I want to download new music and I can't figure out how to fix it. Anyone else has this issue? Anyway to fix it? (I've already tried restarting and updating the app )
paraneoplastic7
Music Fan

Issue seems to be an effect of another app or function putting an overlay on the screen. Error also manifests when using a screen dimmer.

kiwij9
Regular

I've got the same problem, if I want to add a song to a playlist, it doesn't show me my playlists to choose which one I want to add the song to. This has been happening for a few weeks now. I select 'Add to playlist' and that's it. It just goes back to the screen I was on.

shironi10
Regular

I am experiencing the same. none of the options in the '...' menu work. I press them and nothing happens.

Probably after the most recent update.

I'm using a Sony XPeria (Compact) running Android 5.1.1

shironi10
Regular

I am experiencing a similar issue after teh last update - any of the options in song view afer pressing the '...' option do not take any action. 'add to playlist' does nothing (does not send me to a list where i can choose which playlist or anything). It ha the animation of the option being chose/pressed, but there is no reaction. 

I cannot go to Song Radio/Album/Artist either, none of the option in the new-look popup work...

Community Legend

This was a problem some months ago but was fixed and is again broken. We're seeing far more folk affected since a native blue light filter was included in android 7.x.

Community Legend

Shouldn't spotify throw the stock android error message "Screen overlay detected"?