Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

The controls are not showing in the notification bar on Android

Screenshot_20201226-185254_Spotify.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Eni

Hey @Decaftundra

Welcome to the Community!

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Additionally, we recommend making sure that the app has all the permissions enabled in your phone Settings.

Cheers - let us know how it goes!

marle__

Not the original user that posted with this problem, but the advice given didn't help and the problem is still there. I additionally tried to restart my phone, but that also didn't help. I did a clean reinstall, and made sure all of the app permissions are on and the skip/play options still aren't working.

j7ool.jpg
Eni

Hi @marle__

Welcome to the Community 🙂 

We suggest that you head over to Settings > Notifications > Spotify and check if all notifications are allowed. 

If this doesn't do the trick, can you log in to the app in a different phone and check if the issue persists?

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

marle__

All of the notifications are on and its still not working, but the controls show up on a different device when i log into my account.

Eni

Hey @marle__,

Thanks for sending this information. 

Just to make sure, can you see the controls in the notification bar and the skip/play options don't work or you can't see the controls at all?

Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Keep us posted 🙂

marle__

my phone model: Samsung A71

operating system: Android 10

spotify version: 8.5.91.402 

I cant see the controls, but they work when i click on the spot that they would be in (theres a tiny dot in the spot that they woukd be, so if I click on that, the controls work. you can see it in the attached image)

j7ool.jpg
Eni

Hi again @marle__,

Thanks for letting us know that.

Could you let us know if this only happens with a specific playlist or with all your music?

On another note, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

We'd also suggest that you toggle on Airplane mode for a minute and then turn it off. Does the issue persist?

Let us know how it goes!

marle__

It happens with all of my music, not just a specific playlist. I've done a clean reinstall, and the problem still persists. I also turned airplane mode on and off, and the problem is still there.

Eni

Hey @marle__,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Could you log in using a friend's account on your device to check if the issue persists?

Also, let us know if this started happening after an update of either Spotify or your device's OS.

Cheers - we'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

rohit49

Not OP but I have the same issue.

Running Spotify Latest Beta on Android 10 on my Oppo K3.