Crossfade Not working

Hey all πŸ‘‹,

A few users have reported an issue where crossfade no longer works in the recent update. This is happening on several devices, MacOS, iOS and Windows.

-Tom

Hey @jechin1!

As everything seems to be in order now, we're closing this thread.

Feel free to open a new one if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Comments
jechin1
Casual Listener

Crossfade is no longer working. This was recently resolved a couple months ago and has resurfaced again. Not only do I encounter the problem on macOS, I also experience the same problem on iOS. Edit: my brother also experiences this on the windows desktop app. I have premium, he has the free version.

The song runs until the endtime and then starts the next song 12sec up to 25sec in, with no blending whatsoever. I believe this started with the update around the beginning of March.

I have unchecked, rechecked and moved the slider with no changes on either device.

Devices:

2017 Macbook Pro, High Sierra 10.13.3, Spotify 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

iPhone 6S, iOS 11.2.6 (15D100), Spotify 8.4.43

user-removed
Not applicable

//

jechin1
Casual Listener

If it doesn't work now, why is it still an option in the settings? Also if it doesn't work why is it messing with the start time of the next song?

I don't think you are posting a solution, just stating the same problem.

user-removed
Not applicable

//

Tom
Community Legend

Hey @jechin1!

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

I've just merged your thread into a live issue and I'll let the right guys know.

Hopefully, we will get an update soon!

-Tom

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey everyone!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you send us your device's OS and Spotify version numbers? Also, does the same happen if you use a different Spotify account?

In the meantime, try following these steps to reinstall the app from scratch.

Let us know how it goes.

jechin1
Casual Listener

@Alfredo I don't see anyone else having this issue apart from my brother, but i have reported my OS stuff in the OP.

I've been playing with it for a past few days and some playlists had no problem with the crossfade option while others had majors skips. I forgot to write them down, but I've been trying lots of different ones today and have stopped running into the issue. It also appears to have cleared from my iPhone without having change anything. Was it something possibly on spotify's end?

ZullyB
Roadie

Thanks for all of the info, @jechin1!

We'd like to gather as much info as we can. Can you check if this is happening with specific playlists and send us the URI of one of them? Just right-click the playlist > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

Also, it would be super helpful if you could give it a try from a different account. You can use a friend's account, just to test it out.

Keep us posted. 

jechin1
Casual Listener

For the past few days I've been trying to find playlists that don't crossfade properly. Since Tuesday the problem seems to have cleared up on its own. Crossfade is now working as expected +/- 1 second on both my macOS desktop and iPhone.

Alfredo
Roadie

Alright!

We're glad to hear you're not running into this issue anymore.

We'll leave the thread open for a few days in case it comes back.

Keep us posted.

Related Issues