Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crossfade option isn't working on the desktop app.

We've received reports that the Crossfade feature isn't working correctly on the desktop app. No matter how many seconds are being added, it won't work and after returning to the settings page, it's set to a random amount of seconds.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to inform you that this should now be fixed! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you still don't see the change, try the following:

1. Open Spotify, turn the Crossfade off and then restart Spotify.
  2. Turn the Crossfader back on and change the value.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
RobHowl

Same problem. Really need a fix. 

Hypocritical

@Scooterman5 Yeah, it's a legitimate workaround for windows users. I set my crossfade to 3.5 seconds using it. I already explained in my previous comment that the explanation was already posted somewhere here in the comments, but if you'd like a direct guide from me, just add me on one my @'s that I posted.

speedway66

Hi 

Any news on the crossfader problem?

Thanks

RadioD-Ave
in my experience, there's no feedback on these things from Spotify. A
couple of times an expert community user will interject. None so far this
time. Basically you wait for the next update, a fairly frequent occurrence,
and hope for the best. this one is clearly a bug, and feels obvious, which
bodes fairly well for a fix.
gmathews04

Macbook Pro

Premium Plan 

Puglifiled

I just went from version 1.1.79... to 1.1.80... Crossfade works again!!

It might be my imagination, but it also sounds like Automix is working better.

And THANK YOU for finally getting rid of the Show/Hide Advanced Settings button -- making it a nice continuous list. That button was pretty annoying. 🙂

Alex_SE

I'm not sure if anybody has said this yet, but when I set the slider to zero, nothing changes. It also remains the same when you set the slider to twelve seconds it looks like, and crossfade works as intended. These seem to be the only cases where crossfade seems to work as intended, as all other values (1-11) will change it to an extreme positive or negative number, seemingly randomly, so if you enjoy having long crossfades, don't do crossfade, or don't even know about the feature, you're chilling. 

All this info was collected on a Windows 10 device. The about Spotify page had this info Spotify for Windows
1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf

I also noticed that it didn't have much of a problem until I tried to change the crossfade from 5 seconds to 3 seconds, then everything went crazy.

Burke-2005

Thanks for the heads-up, @Roadie!

I also updated with version 1.1.80 . . . today and the crossfade problem is solved!

Happy listening, Everyone!

cc: @Kiril 

speedway66

Hi

How do I update to the 1.180 version?

Thanks 

davidpyoung

Went through the process of uninstalling Spotify from all of my devices: desktop, phone, ipad.

Re-installed on all three.

Still on version 1.1.79.763.

Not being given an option to update to 1.80

???