Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crossfade option isn't working on the desktop app.

We've received reports that the Crossfade feature isn't working correctly on the desktop app. No matter how many seconds are being added, it won't work and after returning to the settings page, it's set to a random amount of seconds.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to inform you that this should now be fixed! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you still don't see the change, try the following:

1. Open Spotify, turn the Crossfade off and then restart Spotify.
  2. Turn the Crossfader back on and change the value.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
c4kr7vfhs8idso1dl376

Same here. Uninstalled and then installed. No updated version. Issues remain the same...

Fishies1
I’m also still on 79 even after downloading and reinstalling.

I think Spotify does gradual rollouts so that if there’s an issue they can fix it and roll forward.
Hopefully we all get access in the coming days. I’ll post back when it’s fixed for me.
Fishies1

Just got the update to Spotify for macOS (Intel) version 1.1.80.699.gc3dac750 this morning

Playback is functional!! @Kiril 

Hope you all get the ability to upgrade shortly.

Looks like it might be fixed in the recent update (I just installed an update now).

Spotify for Windows
1.1.80.699.gc3dac750

Yordan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to inform you that this should now be fixed! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you still don't see the change, try the following:

1. Open Spotify, turn the Crossfade off and then restart Spotify.
  2. Turn the Crossfader back on and change the value.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Maciej6

Thank you for the above message, however I have the latest version, I have tried the above procedure several times, and I still have the problem.... The crossfading works for a few songs and then stops. And it repeats every time 😞

Is there any advice for this?

RobHowl
There was an update a few months ago that solved the problem for me. Maybe
you can search for it.
Maciej6

The problem is that I have a version that teoterically solves the problem, but I still have the crossfade problem.

I have this version:

Spotify na Windows
1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819

speedway66

Are you blue toothing the music to a echo dot or another blue tooth device ?

RobHowl
Sometimes. Sometimes I'm using a USB cable to go to my stereo.