Announcements

Daily Drive using wrong city

I am using Spotify Premium on iOS and have set my concert location to Minneapolis, however, in the daily drive playlist all of the content that shows up is for Chicago. How can I get this fixed?

note; the concert location of Minneapolis has been set for over a few months. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Meganmcd303

Same here. It switched from National news to Dallas need a few months ago and I’ve stopped using my daily drive all together. For the record, Denver and Dallas are neither close nor similar so I can’t imagine anyone in Denver is using this service much anymore. 

Ldecaro

Same! I’m in DENVER, and I can’t get it to play news from anything except the Dallas Morning News. 😕

CJPdub

I am in Dallas and don't want to hear Dallas news! 

Please give us an option to choose local or national. I too was really enjoying this feature until the switch to local news. 

Bitterlee

They just started doing this to me. I'm in Vegas, and I'm getting Los Angeles news, which isn't nearly the same thing. I don't live in L.A. and lumping Vegas in with that city is not OK. 

I don't understand why Spotify goes out of their way to suck in some very key areas, but I'm finally at the point where I hope Google buys them out, or someone else takes over the market. 

sirromgm

Same for me. Daily Drive has worked flawlessly for six mos pulling national news and info. I live in Minneapolis, but am now being fed Chicago content, which isn't relevant at all. I've reinstalled the app three times, restarted my phone several times and toggled location services on/off a couple times. The issue seems bigger than one device though, as Daily Drive content is consistently wrong on all Spotify platforms (iPhone, iPad and web player).

Please help correct this Spotify.

Peter
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

mbaucus

Has this issue been resolved yet? It’s been showing the wrong city for months now.

Rebibug
It’s still wrong in my app. And yes, I’ve been updating it regularly.
Bitterlee

I think the problem is that this company is internationally owned, and their legal location is in a country outside the U.S. Lumping in cities with what they assume are much larger metropolitan areas makes sense to them, even if the differences between our states and cities are stark to us. 

They're also pretty anti-US military, but that's another thread. Until they split-up and find a US location for our market, I don't think they're going to care about this until they just stop creating the Daily Drive playlists altogether. 

Slangan
What's odd though is the way they lump people in other major cities.
Denver, which fine, isn't as large as the cities they have podcasts for is
split geographically with South Denver being closer to Dallas, thus getting
Dallas news and North Denver getting Chicago news. I'm sure it's a foreign
ownership issue, but they have a podcast company based in the US as well.
Maybe someone should tweet this whole thread at Alex Blumberg!