Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mixes Don't Refresh, Change, or Update

My Daily Mixes pretty much remain the same. They rarely update, playing the same songs ad nauseum. They are also not intuitive. The first daily mix is pretty accuarate, but I can only tolerate a small number of songs in the other mixes. 

I continue to like new songs, so it should be refreshing, adding more options. Why don't the Mixes refresh and add new songs? Why do they remain static? And why do I have the same series of mixes?

I should add that this occurs regardless of the platform, and whethere my system is up-to-date or not. This is a Spotify flaw. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 6s, iPad mIN4, Mac desktop, and Windows Desktop

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4, iOS 12.1.1, Windows 10, and Mac High Sirra 10.13.2 (respectively).

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your continued patience.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
VlPerth

Absolutely no change for me with fully up to date Android and clean installed Spotify. My Daily Mixes remain frozen.

Lausianne

No updates for me after almost a year. I'm on a new phone now.  Same old songs as on all other devices. 

VlPerth

Two months later, I contacted Spotify Cares again yesterday to let them know it's been seven months since I first reported this problem and there's still no resolution. I received a message saying my account hadn't been active recently and could I confirm my email address. I did so and pointed out that my account hasn't been active because it hasn't been **bleep** working!

VlPerth

Another month goes by and my Daily Mixes remain the same day after day. A reply in this thread said Daily Mixes will change if you listen to music on the particular device on which they are not changing. This is garbage as I NEVER used the desktop or web app and they were changing daily for months after the lists on my phone, which I was listening to daily and constantly liking/unliking music, froze last May. I'd love to be able to return to Spotify as I really enjoyed the Daily Mix concept but it seems the company doesn't care whether I return or not so... I guess I just give up on them as they've given up on solving this problem!

T2Greene

Nothing has happened on this. It is still happening in January 2020. Are y'all ever going on o fix

it?

thehawke

I'm having the same issue with my Daily Mix not updating on both phone and desktop. I have 3 mixes that are the same kind of music and even though I've not played that type of music for over 2 weeks, I still have 3 mixes that are from the Sleep category.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note 10+ and Windows Desktop

Operating System

Android 10 and Windows 10

Seraphina-Pekka

I had the same issue, but hitting the three dots to the right of the 'Play' and '❤' button and then choosing 'Go to Playlist Radio' solved it for me.

Lausianne

'Go to Playlist Radio' seems to help, indeed. Should not be necessary, but anyway, good to know. Thanks!

Jahf

The right folks sure are taking their time. "Made For You" has turned into "6 versions of Groundhog Day". It feels like they self-reinforce. Meaning the more you use them, the less they update. If nothing else give us a way to purge the content of these lists OR a way to mark "don't base 'Made For You' on any songs already in 'Made For You'".

sicahjes

This is still an issue and it has been more than 12-months, @spotify what are you doing about this?

I'm lucky if mine update every few weeks or months. After the most recent update, Spotify randomly like 470 songs from my library and updated my Daily Mixes based on this.... songs that I had saved for specific purposes, not the kind of music I listen to every day. 

I found this link, and it would appear that your 'Daily Mixes' are not daily at all: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/made-for-you-playlists/

There's also no option to dislike songs in a Daily Mix, it's just based on listen history (confirmed by a Spotify staff member in chat), so if I skip a song it is still considered, on the off chance the Daily Mix decides to update!

Why am I paying for a premium plan when I am not getting a premium product?