Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Wellness mixes not updating tracks

My Question or Issue

Ever since I started listening to the Daily Wellness mix in April, the songs barely have changed. I get a refresh on the podcasts every morning and evening, but 90% of the songs are the same day and night, just the order is changed. This means that a high energy song that could be suitable for the morning mix is also played in the evening mix, killing the relaxing mood of the podcasts. Moreover, I dislike 80% of the songs on my mix, I pretty much have to skip all the songs and just listen to the podcasts. More than half of the songs have been on my list since April, which is pretty terrible.

Is there a way to add more rotation on the songs?

I'm not sure if the song choice is curated or is automatic, but it definitely is very different from my musical taste.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app and all devices fully up-to-date.

Thanks!

Comments
NattyB209

Hello,

Yes I have the exact same problem. For the first week I was really happy with the songs, but I’ve been listening for over a month and the songs are still the same, just rotated in order with the occasional new one.

I thought that the algorithm would change based on my listening habits but it seems to have analysed my music when I first started listening and not changed since.

Please change this as the format is great, but listeners need variety.

joulsauron

I'm curious to know if we all get the same list or not. At least now I know that I'm not the only one with this behaviour.

RachelBluMorph

I like Daily Wellness, but it has a certain genre of songs in my playlist that I hate.  I pay for premium and don't know why ban song or ban artist isn't an option.  I mean we ARE trying to improve our wellness -- having songs induce feelings of dis-ease is not the purpose-- I don't think. 

I wonder how to get this submitted as an idea? 

skyap
I didn't think I would be alone. I keep getting the same set of songs almost each day. Week to week they're definitely the same, and sometimes just days apart I get repeats. How can it make such good recommendations in my Daily Mixes, my Discover weekly and my Release Radar but have so few songs in the Daily Wellness. I love the concept and the mix of music and talk but the music side is really letting it down!
Ver

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It's a good idea to restart your device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

Does the issue occur when you try with another account on the same device? You can also try log into your account on another device. Do you still experience the same issue?

Keep is in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

joulsauron

That's not really the issue. Let's say for Day 1 morning I get Podcats and Songs Podcast1, Song1, Song2, Podcast2 and Song3. Then on Day 1 evening, I get Podcast3, Song3, Song4, Podcast4 and Song1. On Day 2 morning, I get Podcast5, Song5, Song1, Podcast6 and Song3. As you see, the list actually updated, so it's not a caching issue, it's just the algorithm playing the same songs from a song set I don't even like. I've been getting Songs 1 and 3 forever, and I always skip them. However, they come on my list day and night. The occasional new songs I get I usually don't like them. Also, I usually get high energy songs on the evening set, not appropriate at all to wind down as intended.

I would like to see a great difference between the day and evening lists, and the songs should be songs similar to my tastes. A song shouldn't play more than once in the same week.
There might be some users that like to listen to the same 5 songs for all their lives. I'm not that kind of listener. I'm expecting to listen to different songs every day.

I hope it's clear now that the complaint is about.

Thanks!

Ver

Hey @joulsauron,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right team. You can also check these steps and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

You can also check this article for more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Paizen
Also experiencing the same issue.
Enjoyed Daily Wellness for the first week or so, but now the lack of variety and inability to customise has forced me to stop using it.

Couple of points:
* Some of the podcast elements have advertisements at the beginning. These should not feature for Premium subscribers.
* The lack of variety is really disappointing. We often hear the same songs every other day.
* There needs to be an option to like or dislike during this playlist, to aid customisation going forward.
* It would be helpful if we could choose how many podcast elements we want in the playlist, and better yet, which specific podcasts.
* The constant voice elements "and now, some music for you..." get annoying after a while.

Excuse our frustration, but I think we all feel this way as Daily Wellness has the potential to be something really good, and quite important given everything that's happening in the world. We hope you take our feedback on board.
Alex

Hey there @Paizen,

Thanks for voicing your opinion and suggestions. We appreciate that!

The app is constantly evolving and our developers are doing their best to cater to the wishes of the users. The best way to get your feedback on certain app/features and how they can be made better is by creating an Idea like @Ver suggested.

That way more users who think the same way can vote for it and it's more likely to be implemented in the future.

Concerning the lack of variety in the Daily Wellness mix - it's a good idea to listen to and Like song from the search menu and not only from the recommendation playlists like Daily Mix/Discover weekly etc. This helps the algorithm find new songs and artists that might cater to your taste better.

If in the end you're really unhappy with the recommendations you get, you can always try creating a new account and see if that works better over time. Here is a guide on how you can transfer your playlists over if you ever find the need to.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions 🙂

Lumene05
I have the same problem. Plus I would love it if the evening music was a little more relaxing instead of energetic music. And get the soothing podcast to help me relax and then I get some high energy music?