Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Wellness mixes not updating tracks

My Question or Issue

Ever since I started listening to the Daily Wellness mix in April, the songs barely have changed. I get a refresh on the podcasts every morning and evening, but 90% of the songs are the same day and night, just the order is changed. This means that a high energy song that could be suitable for the morning mix is also played in the evening mix, killing the relaxing mood of the podcasts. Moreover, I dislike 80% of the songs on my mix, I pretty much have to skip all the songs and just listen to the podcasts. More than half of the songs have been on my list since April, which is pretty terrible.

Is there a way to add more rotation on the songs?

I'm not sure if the song choice is curated or is automatic, but it definitely is very different from my musical taste.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app and all devices fully up-to-date.

Thanks!

Comments
Mihail

Hey @Lumene05,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did you give the steps that @Alex suggested above a go? If you add more songs to your library and follow new artists, this would give the algorithm a boost and you should see more frequent updates in the Daily Wellness playlist. 

The algorithm is programmed in such a way that it tends to select more relaxing content for the evening edition of the playlist. If you don't feel that that's the case it's a good idea to include specifically more low energy music in your library. That way you will push the servers to select content more fitting to your tastes for the evening edition. 

Keep in mind that it might take up to a couple of weeks for a complete renewal of the algorithm so the best thing you do is keep on expanding your music library with content from the whole spectrum of your prefrences:)

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Fartbox1832

December 30th, still having this issue. The daily wellness playlist has become so repetitive it is unbearable and unplayable. This sucks because I love the idea of music and short podcasts blended together to start my day. 
I tried logging out and back in as suggested above. No change. I'm not really suprised by that, because it really appears to be a neglected algorithm issue, not an issue with my account. One of the featured podcasts ended in October, and the last episode has remained on the playlist.. everytime i return to it and still to this day. All the other podcasts play their new episode of the day and this one is stuck on the final episode every. Single. Day. Like really? 
The music is repetitive as well, I get the same few songs on almost a daily basis. Has anyone been working to resolve this issue? Are there any solutions besides the old faithful: "try turning it off and then back on again"? Or should i just give up on the spotify-generated stuff?

Ver

Hey @Fartbox1832,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We'd suggest you try with another account on the same device. That way we can check if it's a an account-related issue.

It's also a good idea to give the steps @Mihail mentioned a go. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

JazzCone

I have tried everything mentioned in this thread, and nothing is working. My daily wellness playlist is weird music that never updates, and the podcasts are repeating. The podcasts do say played on them, so my Spotify account does know that I have listen to them. 

Mihail

Hey @JazzCone,

Thanks for reaching out.

Keep in mind that songs and podcasts you listen to in a private session does not influence the Made for You content section. Could you please confirm that that's not the case?

If you keep building up your music library with new songs, using the like feature and following shows and artist, after a while you should start seeing updates in the playlist.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

JazzCone
I don’t do private sessions, and I’ve had my account for around 5 years,
I’ve liked plenty of songs. I use my account everyday.
JazzCone

Can you reply??? It’s been two weeks. I responded with none of these issues listed are what’s causing the problem. The podcasts are also repeating. Do you guys just not know how to work your algorithm?

Fartbox1832

Honestly.
I might just start screenshotting my daily wellness playlist each day and emailing them to support. I've long stopped listening to it by this point, but the last few times they each kick off with the same darn Depak Chopra podcast episode from 12/30/20 (that. is. marked. as. already. played. Smh. )

I'm also absolutely baffled by the suggestion to try from a new account. Do I just abandon the my premium one that I've saved hundreds of songs to since 2015? There are ample songs in my 

library to gauge my preferences from but this playlist consistently plays the same 10 songs every day. This problem doesn't happen on the Get Up (which i love btw). The daily wellness could be just as good if y'all clearly didn't abandon it.

I've paid $10 a month for who knows how long and this is the only time I've reached out with a concern. Please consider looking into it.

Alex

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You can follow the advice from the other mods in order to influence your recommendations as there is currently no way to manually manipulate what recommendations you'll get and how often the playlists will update with entirely new content. 

You can also go ahead and add your +Vote to this Idea. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope you find this info helpful.

JazzCone
Right! I feel the same way. It’s ridiculous. I’ve tried everything every
mod has suggested… I really expected better from Spotify.