[Daily mix] Daily mix disappeared after switching to Premium

Hi,

I used Spotify for free, and within a couple of days I had 5 daily mixes. However, when I switched to Premium, there are no more daily mixes. It says I should listen to Spotify longer. That's kind of strange. Is there anything I can (other than canceling my Premium account) to get my daily mixes back?

Cheers zenomuenich

Hey @zenomuenich,

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @zenomuenich, welcome to the Community!

That's a bit odd. Are you sure you're logged into your main account? You might have logged into another account and upgraded it to Free. Are all of your playlists still there?

Try logging out and back in a few times to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

zenomuenich
Regular

Hey @SergioDavid, thanks for your answer. I made sure I 've been using the same account all the time.

However, shortly after I posted here, two daily mixes popped up. They are quite the same, though, and they are reflecting a rather narrow scope of what I've saved and what I've been listening to. Especially when I compare them to the five daily mixes I had in the free version.

So I hope that will evolve and differentiate further over time.

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @zenomuenich!

Just to confirm, around when did you create your Spotify account? Also, do the daily mixes show up when you log in using a different device?

In the meantime, just to make sure, try following this troubleshooting to make sure you don't have other Spotify accounts you could've created.

Keep us posted.

zenomuenich
Regular

Hi  @Alfredo!

Thanks for your reply. I joined Spotify January 13th, and I've been using just one account all the time - the one linked to facebook.

In the free version, within a couple of days I had 5 daily mixes (=playlists with ~50 tracks).

On January 21st I joined Spotify Premium, and the daily mixes disappeared.

On January 31st I received two Daily Mixes (= radio stations), but they are a very similar to each other and represent only one part of my music. That's also the status quo as of today.

So I hope Spotify is still busy analysing what I like and I will get more and better daily mixes in the future.

SergioDavid
Roadie

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case, it'd be best if you stream your favorite tunes for a few days. If you don't get more Daily Mixes with similar suggestions, let us know. 

Also, make sure you've disabled Private Session. Having this enabled will prevent Spotify from tracking your listening history and generating the mix.

Let us know how it goes.

Aimee_T
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @zenomuenich,

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Related Issues