Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily mix disappeared after Premium upgrade

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Xiaomi MI A2

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I signed up to Spotify as a free user at first and after choosing my preferred artists I got Daily Mixes appearing on my home screen. After few listens I upgraded to Premium and after upgrade the Daily Mixes suddenly disappeared. This happened from February 27 and still now I have not seen the Daily Mix feature. 

The issue is occurring on all devices and platforms along with my Android phone, like my Windows 10 Spotify desktop app, and the Spotify Web Player. 

I have come to like Spotify for it's awesome features so any help about this is very much appreciated.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Katerina

Hey there @IrfanIntekhab,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Good to hear that everything's working as it should once more 🙂

@jpmills26 : There's a newer version of the app available. Just to confirm, could you follow the steps here to make sure you're rocking that latest version and let us know if the issue persists? We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

jpmills26
Hi, I do have the latest version and when I try to download, the "you discovered a premium feature" still pops up. I was told by your support team that I would need to wait until the next update to get this fixed.
OmarAlHaj

At first i could see the daily mixes but once i upgraded to spotify premium they disappeared for good

My phone is the Lenovo K6 Note

I am on android 7

And am using spotify version 8.5.3.716

Katerina

Hey again @jpmills26,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding this info!

What you're describing sounds like a different issue that we're currently looking into. In that case, we'd recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue and adding your details and +VOTE there as well. We'll make sure to update that thread when we have more news. 

Hope this helps clarify things. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout 🙂

Cpl-Hicks

Kinda sad that that it’s been two months since this was posted and there’s no sign of a fix. 

OP, did you keep Spotify? 

I have the exact same issue. Just upgraded to premium a couple of days ago. To me those daily mixes were the selling point of Spotify. Without them it’s just Apple Music...less integrated. 

I’m willing to wait out the remainder of my trial period to see if this gets fixed. Otherwise it’s back to Apple for me. 

yuvalroni

i have the same problem on my iphone 10

Jekwwer

I have used FREE Spotify version without troubles with working daily mixes. After upgrading my account to PREMIUM Spotify doesn't recommend me some daily mixes even after 3 days. The issue is occurring on all devices and platforms along with my Android phone, like my Windows 10 Spotify desktop app TOO. I started to use Spotify for its killer-feature like daily mix. 

Cpl-Hicks

Ive been waiting for nearly a month now, and my daily mixes have not come back.  My Premium trial ends on the 9th (Sunday)...I will like be cancelling sometime on Saturday. 

The lack of responce/initiative on the part of Spotify is shabby. 

UPDATE 6/9:  Cancelled Premium yesterday and am back to a freebie account this morning...and the daily mixes showed right up. 

...I’m not sure if the joke is on me or Spotify. 

cbalcazar

My daily mixes wont update (wont appear) but the rest of the app works just fine. I tried to re configure or deleting the cache but it wont work.

help me please

Peter

Hey @cbalcazar,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

There's a separate thread for the issue that you mentioned - just head here.

Thanks!