Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deducted UPI payment but Premium not activated

Hey folks, 

We've been receiving contacts from Indian users saying they've been charged for Premium and yet their account is still on free status. This is being investigated by our teams. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The payments have been processed and Premium should be active on your end. 

If you're still not seeing Premium on your account or if you're concerned about multiple payments, feel free reach out to Customer Support team via one of the channels here. They can take a closer look into the matter and will help you out further, as they are the ones in charge of it and we don't have access to their systems.

Thanks!

Comments
aakarshak-nandwani

Plan

Premium

Country

India 

Device

Oneplus 8t

Operating System

Android 13 

My Question or Issue

I paid for Spotify premium ( one-time payment for student version). Although the money is debited from the account , the Spotify premium is not activated. Please refund the money or activate my account.

Screenshot_2023-01-07-07-07-23-17_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
Poojan0_0

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

• I recently purchased premium subscription using UPI. Money deducted but it was still loading, and when I went back I didn't got the plan nor its showing as failed.
Poojan0_0

Here's a proof of payment 

<snip - moderator edit>

Jose_M

Hello @aakarshak-nandwani!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'll be here to help you out. I'd recommend following the steps in this Support article for more help with your issue.

Make sure to let me know how it goes 🙂

suraj752305

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

(Motorola One Fusion +)

Operating System

(Android 11)

My Question or Issue

I was charged and I didn't get premium service using UPI transaction (Google Pay).

I even made the payment twice and the amount of INR 66 got deducted both times.

<Edit: removed images with sensitive info>

Eni

Hey there @Poojan0_0

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

No worries, we can confirm that if you pay by UPI, it may take up to 3 working days for the subscription to get activated. If you can't see it after that time, let us know and we'll keep helping you. 

On another note, we removed the screenshot you sent since we don't recommend sharing private info in the Community. 

Cheers!

Jose_M

Hello @suraj752305!

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, no worries though - I'll be here to help. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how you get on and have a nice day!

suraj752305

I tried and checked everything mentioned over there but nothing helped.

Aravinthwifi

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Redmi Note 11 T 5G

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

i tried using upi to put premium i first used subscription payment 179 rupees is deducted from my account but premium is not activated. then i used normal family plan subscription for 3months and here also amount is reduced from my acount saying payment sucessful . but no premium is activated. i also didnot get any refunds. please help i lost nearly 900 rupees. premium family subscription rs.179+ premium family  normal 3 months 595 + another once spotify preimum family  179 ) so please help me

Vanshika2296

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

(Nothing Phone 1)

Operating System

(Android version 12)

My Question or Issue

Money was deducted from from account (payment made via UPI), but premium upgrade (plan- 1 month premium account subscription for non student) isn't reflecting upon my account. Please do help