Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deducted UPI payment but Premium not activated

Hey folks, 

We've been receiving contacts from Indian users saying they've been charged for Premium and yet their account is still on free status. This is being investigated by our teams. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The payments have been processed and Premium should be active on your end. 

If you're still not seeing Premium on your account or if you're concerned about multiple payments, feel free reach out to Customer Support team via one of the channels here. They can take a closer look into the matter and will help you out further, as they are the ones in charge of it and we don't have access to their systems.

Thanks!

Comments
Jose_M

Hello @5wxzzpm1mqjt0iw60psm!

Did you also use UPI as your payment method? Can you let me know if you tried the steps provided in the Support article mentioned above?

Keep me posted!

Jose_M

Hello @Abhik_Chattopadhyay!

Thanks for reaching out. Since you're having trouble with a Google Pay payment, I'd recommend you create a new topic in this Help board for your issue. That way it will be easier to help you out with it. Feel free to mention me when you make it and I'll take a look at it!

Have a nice day 🙂

ideb1438

Hey so I recently brought spotify premium 

The amount was deducted from my account still spotify is still showing my plan as free

Adithya_KR

Thanks Jose, I will let you know if the issue get resolved.

Jose_M

Hello @ideb1438!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, no worries though - I'll be here to help. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how you get on and have a nice day!

vs1110

Today morning i have done my payment twice but not got my premium family plan. 

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Jose_M

Hello @vs1110!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.  I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take. Also, can you let me know if you made your payment through a partner or directly with a credit card?

Keep me posted 🙂

Novy

Hey there @ananyagrandhi31

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

We'd first recommend keeping in mind what @Eni previously mentioned. It can take up to three working days for the subscription to be activated once your payment is taken.

In addition to this, we'd suggest making sure that you're logging in to the right account. Here are some useful steps that you can follow if your Premium subscription isn't activating after this time.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

bharathkumarakkiraju

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 11

I have paid 199 rupees for one month of premium through phonepay UPI but the amount deducted from bank and the premium not activated. Please activate the premium.

Transaction ID: OLEX2301091744224395584650

Lyubka
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

In the meantime, we'd suggest you to reach out to BillDesk Support to raise a dispute. Formal proof of debit would probably be requested when you reach out to them, so get that prepared.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.