[Desktop] Almost All Text Missing (0.9.8)

Thread623330656312658874

Description:

In the redesigned client (v0.9.8), multiple reports of almost all text being missing. 

Desktop v0.9.8 is currently rolling out, if you don't have it yet it will make it out to you sometime in the future.

To reproduce:

• Open Spotify v0.9.8 on some systems.
  • The majority of the text in the client will appear to be missing, but the client still operates normally. 

Workarounds:

• Try altering your Windows Color Depth between True Color (16 bit) and True Color (32 bit). (Instructions on how to do so are here).
  • If you have an nVidia hybrid/optimus graphics system (reported by @octodur ), make sure the Intel Integrated graphics processor is set as the system default in the nVidia Control Panel. Screenshot and extra details here.
  • Until this issue is resolved, you can also use the web player.

Additional information:

Sample screenshot (kindly provided by @fattpacman ):

blank text

https://24.media.tumblr.com/4c493306eea26c986e1899f3e4e58e04/tumblr_mzp57v9V0P1qb2bedo1_1280.jpg

If you are having this issue, can you please post (where possible):

1. Your Operating System (eg. Windows 7/8, Mac OS X 10.9 etc)
  2. Your current Spotify version (Help/Spotify > About > Click to copy version)
  3. On Windows, your set Color Depth (Instructions on how to find out)
  4. If you are using a hybrid/optimus graphics card system
  5. Which (if any) of the workarounds above work for you

Thanks!

Updates:

N/A

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

0 Likes
Comments
mistamusic

This happened to me recently too. The initial upgrade to the new .9.8 client worked fine. I'm not sure if it auto-updated over the weekend, but after restarting the client, all text is missing.

Client version: 0.9.8.296.g91f68827

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M - 2048MB

Peter__
Community Legend
It is worth trying launching the app using the steps here if you are having this issue again:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-quits-by-itself-every-time-I-open...
ramonromero93
Casual Listener

Still no solution?

Peter__
Community Legend
@ramonromero93 - Did you try the fix I linked to above?
sreilly288

I'm having the exact same issue as GastonJamin... I'm running windows 7 enterprise, spotify version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827

Any help with this would be great because right now I cant see anything to add new songs/artists etc to my playlists. I cant seem to find an answer through the messageboards

Peter__
Community Legend
Sabki
Casual Listener

I'm having this issue as well. None of the workarounds have worked and launching it with the disable options also did not help. I'm paying for spotify premium and would like to stream HQ. I can't find an option to do that on the web player. Can I install an old version of the desktop player?

brewerbill
Casual Listener

No text for the last 2 or 3 week.

Windows 7

0.9.8.296.g91f68827

True Color 32 bit (I have tried 16 and a bunch of other options to no avail).

Not using a hybrid gfx. It's a Radeon HD 7770.

Nothing has worked.

icemaker
Roadie

I have the same problem on Artist pages.

Images are also missing.

It also happens on My Music albums and artists.

Spotify version: 0.9.10.7.g1826e03e

Mac OS X version: 10.9.2

Screenshot:

spotify no images

Terrible_canyon
Casual Listener

Missing all text since last update.

Spotify version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

32-bit Color, GeForce GTX560 - NVidia

Both Solutions have not helped. Neither has uninstalling and i can't tinker with the preference page because of no text

Untitled.png