[Desktop] Almost All Text Missing (0.9.8)

Thread623330656312658874

Description:

In the redesigned client (v0.9.8), multiple reports of almost all text being missing. 

Desktop v0.9.8 is currently rolling out, if you don't have it yet it will make it out to you sometime in the future.

To reproduce:

• Open Spotify v0.9.8 on some systems.
  • The majority of the text in the client will appear to be missing, but the client still operates normally. 

Workarounds:

• Try altering your Windows Color Depth between True Color (16 bit) and True Color (32 bit). (Instructions on how to do so are here).
  • If you have an nVidia hybrid/optimus graphics system (reported by @octodur ), make sure the Intel Integrated graphics processor is set as the system default in the nVidia Control Panel. Screenshot and extra details here.
  • Until this issue is resolved, you can also use the web player.

Additional information:

Sample screenshot (kindly provided by @fattpacman :(

blank text

https://24.media.tumblr.com/4c493306eea26c986e1899f3e4e58e04/tumblr_mzp57v9V0P1qb2bedo1_1280.jpg

If you are having this issue, can you please post (where possible):

1. Your Operating System (eg. Windows 7/8, Mac OS X 10.9 etc)
  2. Your current Spotify version (Help/Spotify > About > Click to copy version)
  3. On Windows, your set Color Depth (Instructions on how to find out)
  4. If you are using a hybrid/optimus graphics card system
  5. Which (if any) of the workarounds above work for you

Thanks!

Updates:

N/A

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

0 Likes
Comments
EmanuelV

I also have this problem. It showed up about three weeks ago. I have version 0.9.14.13.gba5645ad. I do not remember if the problem showed up as i updated the client.

I am not using a hybrid graphics system, i have an nVidia GeForce 560ti graphics card with up-to-date drivers. I have tried the workarounds I´ve seen mentioned, such as changing color scheme, but nothing seems to help. I didn´t really bother about this first since I counted on it to be solved in an update but this has been going on for too long to ignore now.

As Xanphis wrote before me, I cannot see the text in the preferences menu, but the problem is still there with all boxes unticked, indicating that turning off hardware acceleration does not help.

Clara121212

spotifyerror.JPG

Clara121212

I have the samme problem and I´m not able to go back to another anterior version. My Windows color options are OK.  

usdy
Casual Listener

@Peter__ there seem to be two different issues. One with black font but content shown, another one with invisible but clickable content.

I ran into this issue by seeing the second on my laptop, which runs Win7 x64 Enterprise and an AMD Radeon HD 8750M.

!! Launching Spotify with your parameters mentioned above will make things work as usual !!

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

Without parameters, Spotify looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/WYHiNT8.png

pacxz10
Casual Listener

does anybody  solved this problem?

pacxz10
Casual Listener

Untitled.jpgi solution is HERE, i just donwloaded the beta version and everything looks good.

Regards