Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App - Back button doesn't remember position in playlist

Hey folks,

We've received some reports mentioning that after the recent update, the back button on Windows Desktop app doesn't remember position in playlist.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
cjlov26

I feel the behavior of the 'Go Back' button that you can use to go back to the last playlist you were in, has changed.  I feel like previously when hitting the back button (at the top of the app) you would be taken to wherever you were in the playlist...now it just takes you to the top of the playlist and you have to constantly scroll back to where you were.   Just wanted to post it's stuck out to me and find it really annoying building playlists when I go into an album specific list and then go back it takes you to the very beginning of the list. 

lilyjaye

This used to be a feature on desktop where I could view my longer playlists, click on an artist/song within a playlist, and then return to the playlist at the same spot using the back button. I'm not sure if this is a bug or purposeful but it feels unnecessary and annoying to change. (This could be a useful feature on mobile too).

NotFaitZ

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm currently sorting out my liked songs and going through the songs from top to bottom. But I've been having the problem for a few days now, when I click on an artist and then navigate back to my liked songs playlist. It starts again at the top instead of where I left off. This is very annoying and wastes a lot of time. I have already tried a clean install and have already tried logging in again. Nothing works and I'm at my wits end now, hence this post.

little_amu

I am also experiencing this issue. Makes editing playlists a nightmare when you're returned 200 times to the top of the page,  and then have to find your place in the playlist again... Please fix this. It has obviously been fixed before as I have only just encountered this issue after the latest update, and from this thread, it was a problem in the past. 

dru0

Same here. It's unbelievable that they still haven't done anything about it, it seems intentional.

Chumichante

Still happening on Windows version 1.2.18.999.g9b38fc27. This was not an issue a few versions ago.

MattSuda

Hey folks,

This will be fixed in a desktop app update soon

When the update is out, you should be able to click on something (artist, album) in a playlist, and then go back to where you were in the playlist with the back arrow button.

arolekaro

Just bumping the re-appearance of this deal breaker issue. Not good, not good.

Vattenflaska

Yep, a problem again unfortunately. (On the Windows app)

johnnythefish

This is also happening to me. I did a clean uninstall from the Spotify website of version 1.2.17.834g2661129 because of this, and installed version Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.18.999.g9b38fc27 from the Microsoft Store - only to wind up with exactly the same malfunction regardless of download source.

(Separate issue, but this is after week after week after week of Spotify stopping scrobbling to Last FM exactly every seven-and-a= half days, which again is an ongoing issue for many.)

I pay a subscription for both, and consistently find Spotify and Last FM to be the most bug-ridden of any apps I use. I can live with the odd glitch, but this is getting ridiculous.