Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App - Back button doesn't remember position in playlist

Hey folks,

We've received some reports mentioning that after the recent update, the back button on Windows Desktop app doesn't remember position in playlist.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
unclerk

Plan

Free

Country

Turkey

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Sorry for my poor wording up in the title, I have no idea how to word this. I have an example video that should be attached to this post.

(not the most descriptive video, but other more descriptive ones surpassed 5mb)

dothestrand

the most recent update solved the issue...for about an hour. Please have another look.

datsunlaurel

Thanks Matt, this sounds good. But how about you went all the way and made the app remember the last position in a playlist not only when we use the back arrow, but also when we click on playlists in the left sidebar/library. This used to work for years in the old version of the app. Why can't it work in this iteration? Using the back arrow is often not a big help when you want to go deep down in a playlist with thousands of files, but you did 20 or 30 different things in the meantime.

freebeerrocks

This problem persists and is making DJing an impossible nightmare. Here are my details:

MacBook Pro 2020 - Version 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)

Spotify version: Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.2.18.999.g9b38fc27

Tried everything posted above to correct this with no luck. Any updates when this might be fixed? 

meowmix11

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I hit the back button it doesn't take me back to where I was on the playlist before, it takes me back to the top every time. Why would they remove that wonderful feature? So annoying when searching for new music and having to scroll back to where I was.

JaywalkerHB

Same problem! Very annoying.

Version:
Spotify für Windows (64 Bit)
1.2.18.999.g9b38fc27

Device:

Lenovo Thinkpad T470
Gerätename LAPTOP-C7QR4UVV
Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM)**bleep** 2.71 GHz
Installierter RAM 8,00 GB (7,89 GB verwendbar)

Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor

lavke

Same problem here with Windows (64 bit) v1.2.18.999.g9b38fc27. Been problem maybe for few weeks. One of the most annoying problems, for example when checking out artist or album mid playlist and then returning back, and it returns top of the playlist.

Lyubka
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to leave your vote to this thread. 

We're currently working on a fix and we'd recommend subscribing to that thread. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Thanks! 

stoney09

Please fix this soooooon! 🙏🙏🙏

potatobake

This is driving me nuts. How do you continually manage to make my Spotify experience worse, almost like you're doing it deliberately??