[Desktop] Bring Back AUTOPLAY for DESKTOP

I don't understand why but this feature has been removed from Spotify Desktop apps!

I really like that feature and always use it, desktop or mobile. But now it has been removed!

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us 🙂

Autoplay should be back in the newest version of the desktop app. If you're having troubles seeing it on your app's Settings, make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your device.

Cheers!

Comments
laelito

I am still very baffled by the removal of Autoplay in the first place, but Spotify deserves full credit for reconsidering a poor decision and reversing it.

Thanks for listening to your users, Spotify!

And who knows—maybe this is the beginning of an all-around more balanced, responsive, and user-focused product development strategy from Spotify? I'm not gonna hold my breath or anything, but that sure would be nice.

nisargadatti

GREAT !! Thanks for bringing this awesome service back! Thanks for taking seriously your paying customers.

D_Csharp_E_D

This morning, when my playlist was done, the music kept playing with new music.  WOOT!!!!!!  Thank you very much for reactivating this feature!

jorgefsilva

I enabled it but it doesn't work.

I have already perform a clean reinstall.

rdmobile

Yes, thank you Spotify for listening to your users on this one.

trebla777

well, guess what - it stopped working again. I have the option enabled, but it doesn't work 

BoontjieBoon

Looks like it has been removed again. sigh... spotify. Really thinking of trying out another service now.

alvarogp

O M G ! ! !

IT HAS BEEN REMOVED AGAIN IN THE LATEST UPDATE (1.0.89.313 ON LINUX)!

ARE YOU **bleep**ING TROLLING US, SPOTIFY?

SOMEONE WITH PROPER PERMISSIONS, PLEASE, CHANGE THE STATUS OF THE ISSUE BACK TO "OPEN".

MusicMaster1

@alvarogp wrote:

O M G ! ! !

IT HAS BEEN REMOVED AGAIN IN THE LATEST UPDATE (1.0.89.313 ON LINUX)!

ARE YOU **bleep**ING TROLLING US, SPOTIFY?

SOMEONE WITH PROPER PERMISSIONS, PLEASE, CHANGE THE STATUS OF THE ISSUE BACK TO "OPEN".

I guess you do not have the latest version yet, i'm running v 1.0.92.390, and can confirm it is still working!

@Thanks Spotify for bringing it back, just enjoyed a full day on autoplay @ work 🙂

Selectie_001.png

MusicMaster1

I don't know which distro you're running, but maybe this helps, http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/