[Desktop] Can no longer jump to a song by using the keyboard

For example, if I typed "Kill" in my selected playlist (not using the filter) it would jump to "Kill This Love" but now nothing happens when I type and am forced to use the filter. It was working an hour ago but all of a sudden it's stopped working. 

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate your patience so far :)

Our tech teams have done some magic backstage that should help with this issue.

In this case, could you make sure to follow the steps here for your device and let us know how things go?

If you're still having troubles, leave a comment with the following details, so we can pass them on:

• Your device and its OS (operating system) version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you end up with

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies!

Comments
Bane520
Regular

Having this same problem. It really affects how I listen to Spotify.  Also, noticed that my playlists now use "the" to alphabatize, this is incorrect and very annoying.  Lastly, along with the keyboard shortcuts being gone, when I click on the album cover of a song i am listening to, it takes me to some random song in the same playlist.

SamHamwich
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue today. It also jumps to the wrong track when I click the thumbnail at the bottom left.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this on the Community.

Do you mind providing us with the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device + OS version?

As regards the other issues mentioned by @SamHamwich and @Bane520, do you mind creating a new topic in the relevant help board for each issue, since these seem to be separate issues which are unrelated to what @드레이 originally posted about.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

드레이
Casual Listener

Spotify Version - 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f

Device - PC

OS Version - Windows 10

Bane520
Regular

Deleted and reloaded client app. Problem solved

The delete and redownload only corrected the problem temporarily. After using the Spotify app on my iphone 8, the problem returned.

TheOddity
Casual Listener

Version is 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f, Windows 10 just like the previous user. This completely breaks Spotify for me, as I move songs between playlists frequently and use the keyboard to jump to those songs. This slows down my ability to use the service to about 1/4th efficiency, and I will NOT continue to pay for a broken service.

The other problems (alphabetical listing now sorting by The) are also popping up. If this is a feature of the recent update we need a way to roll back to a previous version until this can be fixed.

TheOddity
Casual Listener

This is not an issue than can wait, either. This needs to be fixed *TODAY* or I will be cancelling my service. This is 100% unacceptable to me.

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

We’re receiving reports that users on desktop are not able to jump to a specific song using only the keyboard.

If you're experiencing this issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Bane520
Regular

Dell Precision T3500 desktop PC

Windows 7 Pro -- Service pack 1

Spotify ver. 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Deleting and redownloading the desktop app did correct all the problems (keyboard shortcuts, album art linking to incorrect song, and improper alphabatizing) ; however; upon starting the app on my iphone 8 all the issue returned. It was only temporarily corrected after again deleting the desktop app, restarting computer, and redownloading Spotify.

spiderbags
Casual Listener

Same problem for me here. Deleting and reinstalling only works for a short while and the problem continues. 

Macbook Pro 13" (2018)

macOS High Sierra v10.13.6

Spotify v1.1.5.153.gf614956d