Announcements

[Desktop] Can no longer jump to a song by using the keyboard

For example, if I typed "Kill" in my selected playlist (not using the filter) it would jump to "Kill This Love" but now nothing happens when I type and am forced to use the filter. It was working an hour ago but all of a sudden it's stopped working. 

Comments
TheOddity

Spoke with live support tonight and they informed me this is a feature, not a bug. The recent update removed the ability to do this entirely.

I will be cancelling my service if this is not reverted in a hotfix.

Sebasty

Looks like I can't do that either anymore. Saddening when you're trying to find (for example) 'Monarchs' by Datach'i from your 200+ song playlist and you can't do it in this quick way anymore.

Device: a Sony VAIO laptop
Spotify version: 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

DimitriPotela

Same here, I would be really curious to know the reasons why they would remove handy features on purpose. It just makes scrolling through playlists more difficult.

problematicadam

need this feature back ASAP!

windows PC windows 10
spotify version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Crovene

Seems to be a problem for me as well:

Windows Desktop PC - Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.706

Spotify Version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

However, this feature apparently DOES still work for my brother:

Windows Desktop PC - Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

Spotify Version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

ulfkl

Same problem(s) as mentioned by others - really annoying!

Windows 8

Spotify 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

shelaffs

Same for me - primarily use Windows 10 desktop app

Spotify version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Other issues like users have mentioned including sorting songs that start with "the" and incorrect song selection with the album art cropped up with this version as well.

rampamato

Desktop PC, self built
Windows 10 version 10.0.17763
Spotify v. 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

yahoowizard

Windows 10

Spotify version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

TheOddity

Again: this was a deliberate choice by Spotify, and support has stated they will refuse to change this unless 100 people vote that this is an issue on the boards. Link everyone you know that's willing to help bump this thread or we are *never* getting this feature back.