Announcements

[Desktop] Can no longer jump to a song by using the keyboard

For example, if I typed "Kill" in my selected playlist (not using the filter) it would jump to "Kill This Love" but now nothing happens when I type and am forced to use the filter. It was working an hour ago but all of a sudden it's stopped working. 

Comments
Bane520
Google “old versions of Spotify”. Used a site called Filehorse. Not sure how legit it is, but they had a catalog of old versions of Spotify. Downloaded one from a few months ago when stuff still worked. Deleted Spotify and installed the earlier version. I have been leaving my computer on and just putting my pc Spotify into offline mode. Shutting it down and reloading will auto update. I did save the old version on my desktop so if I do accidentally update Spotify I have a working version to revert to. Really hope they fix this soon.
Shingyx

Same problem here.

Windows 10 PC

1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904

rwilk

Thought this was a bug but have come here to find it was a deliberate choice! Absolutely ridiculous. Makes finding the song you want 4 x slower. I only started experiencing the problem about a week ago but its absolutely infuriating already. Needs rectifying - why would you remove such a handy feature? Most of my playlists are 200+ songs, scrolling all the way down to say 'S' is such an inconvenience and seriously considering moving to a competitor as it makes use an absolute drag.

Margip

1.1.8.439.g8502297d + Macbook OS 10.14.5 (18F132) @Peter 

injured

1.1.8.439.g8502297d

noticed this about few mths ago

Really sucks that this was removed purposefully.

joey77

Windows PC

1.1.9.383.g9f48828e

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate your patience so far 🙂

Our tech teams have done some magic backstage that should help with this issue.

In this case, could you make sure to follow the steps here for your device and let us know how things go?

If you're still having troubles, leave a comment with the following details, so we can pass them on:

• Your device and its OS (operating system) version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you end up with

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies!

Bane520

The solution worked brilliantly!!! My faith in humanity has been restored!  But seriously, thanks. Lets hope it's fixed for good.  UPDATE: This only works until you shut down Spotify. If you do shut Spotify down you will need to do all the steps over again to get it to work properly. SO CLOSEsigh  Guess it's a marginal improvement. At least I don't have to run ver 1.3 anymore. I'll keep my ginger fingers crossed and hope this is actually resolved in a future update.

Bane520

Hey @Katerina could you possibly post this solution under

[Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

The clean reinstall plus the backstage magic fixed a lot of seemingly unrelated issues for me including the one listed above.

Thanks!