[Desktop] Can't change my profile picture!

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi! I can't get to the dialogue which changes the Spotify profile picture. The following doesn't work because there's no 'change' dialogue appearing: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_help/profile-picture/ Help!

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for bearing with us!

This should now be fixed in the latest version of the desktop app. 

If you're having troubles seeing the option to change your profile page after updating, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstallation of the app with these steps

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help Board.

Have a lovely day :)

Related Issues

Comments
erynnic0le
Visitor

Can't change mine still. I'm in the US and I'm using a MacOS

elizafarley09
Visitor

ok so on my school computer where i downloaded spotify from their website, i got an update and i can change my picture! on my home computer where i downloaded spotify from the windows store however, the issue persists. but some people’s website-download versions are still bad so i have no idea how this is working. maybe they’re rolling out updates to select computers to see if they work? i have no clue lol

extremeL
Visitor

The new 1.1.17 version includes the fix. And I got this update today as well. I also made sure to uninstall after updating and downloaded the latest version from Spotify website and I am finally able to see the ''Change'' button on the profile picture again. Here is an updated screenshot anyway:

Screenshot_1.png

mollyjenson
Visitor

YAY! Mine works now too, with deleting the old version and downloading the new. Thank you, Spotify, for fixing this!

claimthestars
Visitor

i deleted the microsoft store version and downloaded the app from the website, and now it works! 

priscillahh
Visitor

I cant change my profile picture at all, the change option does not even show up anymore and I really want to change my profile picture. THIS IS BOTHERING ME, PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE. 

H-W-Prinz
Casual Listener

Hi, please read the whole threat.
the latest version 1.1.17.xxx has a fix for it. I did the update on my PC's as well this morning, and it works fine.

Please ensure to run this version on PC.

thanks

tiawey
Visitor

spotify version 1.17.xxxx has fixed it. i updated and it works!

goredist
Visitor

can't change my profile picture like usual since a week ago :/ from singapore.

H-W-Prinz
Casual Listener

Please, All,
verify your Version of spotify, that is the key !!

V460_004.jpg

as soon as you have updated to this version, it is working again,
as many users above already mentioned.

Thanks /hans