[Desktop] Discover tab not updating (Top Recommendations, Similar To)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PIXEL 3 XL

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

My Top Recommended and everything else under my Discover has not updated in several weeks after typically updating more than once a week. Any suggestions on fixes?

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports regarding this issue. This should now be fixed.

If you're having troubles, make sure to try a quick reinstall of the app first.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd still like to know. Just head over to the related Help Board and start a new thread with the necessary info so we can take a closer look. Thanks!

Comments
kkamphaus

Thank you!

cbreum
Gig Goer

I have the same problem on Windows Desktop.

Top recommendations is not updating. Same albums/songs (you can't see the diffrence...freaking annoying) presented for 3 weeks or so now.

edwardcarlfox
Casual Listener
I reported the issue as well in another thread and I was advised to refer to this thread instead and leave some information. So: On Mac: Spotify version: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25, MacOS version: 10.14.3 (Mojave) On mobile: Spotify version: 8.4.95.785, Android version: 9 I am also using Windows as well, although not so often, but I cannot leave related info now as I am not in front of it right now. The last update I got was almost a week ago, and it was just the update in the "new releases for you" section, all other recommendations were not updated.
zen2one
Casual Listener

Desktop version: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

Discover tab last updated about a month ago.

starlitewalker

I have had the same issue across multiple platforms. With the exception of weekly refresh of Discover Weekly and Release Radar, all other Discover recommendations - Top Recommendations, Similar To, Because You Listened To - have not updated in weeks (can't say precisely how long, but at least 2 weeks).

Desktop Player:

Spotify Version: Desktop 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

Web Player:

Browser: Google Chrome (Version 72.0.3626.119)

jimelevens
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium family

Country 

UK

Device

Desktop

Android Phone

Operating System

windows 10

Android

My "new releases for you" page is not working, it has not updated for the last 3 weeks, the "Suggested for you based on ......." has not changed over the same period.

This is one of the main reasons I use Spotify because of this, I don't feel I am getting value for money.

OdedYa

Same problem with me on all devices used - PC, Mac, Ipad. 

Has not updated for over 2 months now, same top recommendations its quite disapointing.

Tried loging on and off, following and unfollowing discover playlists with no effect.

eeljte
Casual Listener

I'm having this issue on windows 7 pro, desktop client v1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

It hasn't updated in at least a month for me. Please fix! This is one of my favorite spotify features.

moseymosey

Would it be possible to get some more information from devs? This has been dragging on for weeks now, for multiple users, all with different ways of using spotify. This seems to indicate a problem on the back end. Any information about the status of the investigation would be appreciated by everyone, I'm sure.

beano12
Regular

I agree with the 

@moseymosey wrote:

Would it be possible to get some more information from devs? This has been dragging on for weeks now, for multiple users, all with different ways of using spotify. This seems to indicate a problem on the back end. Any information about the status of the investigation would be appreciated by everyone, I'm sure.

Related Issues