Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In my Discover Weekly playlist, when trying to dislike a song by clicking option "I don't like this song", the error message pops up "Something went wrong. Try again later."

Issue not present when doing this on iOS with my account. Reinstalled Spotify, did not work. Can somebody please help me?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Shuidong
Music Fan

I have had e-mail contact with Spotify Customer Support. We tried things like clean uninstall, remove all traces, reinstall, did not help. Logging in with test account and using the feature there also resulted in the error message. Other computer on same network with my account do work, no error messages and disliked songs sync to other devices. Booting PC in safe mode still resulted in same issue happening and newly created user account on Windows with newly installed Spotify had same issue. No anti-virus software on my computers. I am still waiting for a reply to continue any steps we can still take to resolve this issue.

ApatheticWrath

Exact same problem out of nowhere

Shuidong
Music Fan

Sorry to hear you have the same issue, but I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'll keep the post updated with any new info I get.

DanDanDan1
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 (1903)

Spotify Version

1.1.14.475.g566c8beb

My Question or Issue

Up until few weeks ago this worked ok, but now it started ignoring whenever I click on "DON'T LIKE" button (I dont like this song/artist). The song is correctly grayed out in the list when I do this, but it seems spotify keeps playing those songs when I start the playlist from begining, it should instead ALWAYS skip those songs unless I explicitly click on them

spot1.jpg
graham9510
Visitor

I got this as well - uninstalled etc but still happening

Tenemo
Visitor

Same for me, "Something went wrong" when disliking a song/artist and it's not skipped later. Reinstalling didn't help, manually clearing all Spotify data either. The feature works on Android player.

Tenemo
Visitor

Same for me, "Something went wrong" when disliking a song/artist and it's not skipped later. Reinstalling didn't help, manually clearing all Spotify data either. The feature works on Android player.

firef
Regular

I'm having the same issue. Happens on both Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If I try to dislike a song or artist I just get "something went wrong, try again later".

UkuleleJim

I have the same problem as well, both with Discover Weekly and Release Radar. 

cbatomakeaname
Casual Listener

This button (Hide this song) has no function and it needs to be fixed urgently. It has made radios completely un-usable. I cannot tune my radio to songs I want to listen too.

Edit: I believe the August 16, 2019, Spotify version 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f is the version where button for removing songs was broken/edited.

Spotify_2019-09-02_21-32-38.png