Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Doesn't show accurate number of songs saved anymore

Hey. I use Spotify as my main music library and I have a little OCD regarding checking up on the precise number of saved songs in my "Liked songs" section, just to check up that I didn't delete any songs by mistake.
I used to be able to just Command+A and then drag the mouse up to show how many songs I have saved, but after I updated both my spotify and Mac OS a couple of days ago, this doesn't work anymore. The number of saved songs now only show 100, and I know I have close to 7000 songs saved, so this feature doesn't work for me anymore. Really hope there is a fix for this as I actually use it a lot.

Hey again folks,

Thanks again for all your reports! 

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

As a heads up while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. There's some helpful info on doing that here.

Have a lovely day 🙂
Comments
oiza

Hello, 

I use Spotify via the App on my MacBook.

For about 2 weeks I can't update a playlist in which I put all my saved songs, beacuse the Commad+A command doesn't work. Neither does selecting the first song and then selecting the last song while holding Shift.

It just randomly selects blocks of songs but never all of them, no matter what I do.

Very much appreciate any help!

Kind regards,

Lorenz

Loxer

You can add your +VOTE here @oiza 🙂

I've the same issue in macOS Catalina 10.15.

Loxer

Hey @Katerina,

I tried that too already and it leaves big chunks of songs unselected, and what's worse the right click menu won't show up at all.

• macOS Catalina 10.15
  • Spotify 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9
Zurich_Gabe
I did try that, and unfortunately it just divides my song list in a weird and separated way all along my 1500+ liked songs list. I'll just divide my list through sections and copy paste it in a way I can control through the shift left click method.
Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

@Loxer, thanks for adding this info!

@zanderfry28  it seems like you're on an older version of the app. As there's a newer version of the app available, it'd be very helpful if you could let us know if the issue persists for you after updating

@Mortvillain, could you also confirm the version of the app you're currently on? Thanks!

If you haven't, it'd be also helpful if you could try a clean reinstallation of the desktop app following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Keep us posted 🙂

oiza

I am using Spotify version 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9

on a MacBook Pro with MacOS Catalina 10.15

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate keeping us updated about this!

We've passed this on to our tech teams and they're looking it this.

If you're having troubles seeing all Liked songs selected when clicking Ctrl+A or CMD+A, make sure to add your +VOTE to let us know.

As a workaround for now, you can select all using Ctrl+A/CMD+A, then you can scroll down and click the same buttons again, and again, until they are all selected.

We'd also recommend subscribing to this thread so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on. Thanks!

Katerina
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey again folks,

Thanks again for all your reports! 

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

As a heads up while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. There's some helpful info on doing that here.

Have a lovely day 🙂
Mortvillain

@Katerina Yeah im using Spotify version 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9
And the newest Catalina mac OS

heljam408

Hi! I just achieved this by CTRL+ Down arrow. I had 10k songs, and i weighed down the keyboard buttons with a genius combination of blutack and various other stationery items, came back after 5 mins and all 10k were selected (IE doing what Ctrl+A is supposed to do!)

Right-click or drag into new playlist ❤️