[Desktop] Explicit tags not displaying correctly when zoomed out

Device

Macbook Pro mid-2012

Operating System

macOS 10.5.4

My Question or Issue

Since I have a 13.3" screen with only 1280x800 resolution I use the zoom out function to make everything smaller in the Spotify app. I recently started to notice that if I zoom out twice the explicit tag cuts the "T" from the end and replaces it with three dots which takes up more amount of space than the "T" in the end would.

"T" replaced with "...""T" replaced with "..."

The hasn't always been the case so I guess it's a minor bug.

Spotify version 1.1.29.586.g652b8762. Clean installation didn't fix it.

Would be nice if the right persons get be notified and maybe the bug fixed as well.

Thanks.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've passed on all your feedback to the right teams who are continuing looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app fully up-to-date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. 

Thanks again!

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey all,

We've received your reports that Explicit tags aren't displaying correctly when zooming out in the desktop app. Rather than display the whole word "Explicit", after zooming out a couple of times this changes to "Expli...". 

If you're also experiencing this, it'd be great if you could let us know the following info in a comment below:

• Device
  • OS version
  • Spotify version

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks!

Composer

Ops my OS version is wrong. It should be 10.15.4 😄

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

That's an unreleased version @AeroZ.

It is scheduled to be released around March 24.

Composer

I'm on public beta.

Hey @AeroZ,

Thanks for reporting this!

We've tried reproducing this on our end by:

• adjusting the resolution to 1280x800
  • going through the spectrum of zoom settings in-app

However, we aren't able to reproduce this on the latest public version of the app (1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660).

Could you let us know if you noticed this issue for the first time in the public beta version you mentioned?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Composer

Hello Peter.

macOS 10.15.4 was released to public yesterday and the explicit tags are still cut from the end. I don't know if Spotify 1.29.592.gf0779179 is a public version or a beta. As far I know I haven't signed up for Spotify desktop beta but who knows.

Composer

Still not fixed in 1.1.30. The issue is only in playlist view. In album view the end of explicit tag is not cut off. 

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hello again,

Thanks for the recent comments and examples. All the info has been passed along and the right folks are looking into this now.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and feel free to leave your details in a comment below.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Casual Listener

That is normal when you zoom out on anything. Nothing you can do that I know of... Maybe try zooming out differently. I hope this helps!

Composer

The thing is that this hasn’t always been an issue and that cutting the end of the tag and replacing it with ... takes the same amount or more room than not cutting it.