[Desktop] Last Track Plays Twice after Advert

Thread701196765173

Description:

Using Spotify free, if an advert is played after the last track on a playlist or artist/album page, the last track will be repeated after the advert ends. 

To reproduce:

• Play a playlist/album/artist page using Spotify free in the desktop client. 
  • Wait for an advert to be played after the last track (won't always happen, depending on advertising).
  • The last track will be repeated after the advert is complete.

Workaround:

None - Skip/Stop last track if you do not wish to hear it again. 

Additional information:

See the first topic above for confirmation screenshots of play history. Second topics confirms this is still an issue in v0.9.8.x

If you are having this issue, can you please post:

1. Your desktop operating system (Windows 7/Mac OS X 10.9.x etc).
  2. Your desktop spotify version (Help/Spotify > About)
  3. A screenshot of your Play Queue > History tab (showing the content you are playing and adverts) is extrememly useful.

Thanks!

Updates:

N/A

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
kaylesx
Casual Listener
  1. Windows 7
  2. 0.9.8.296.g91f68827

pq1.PNG

pq2.PNG

This has been happening to me regularly, but these screenshots are just from the last couple hours.

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're looking into this.

BSmith9961

I am having the exact opposite issue. If the ad plays just before the last song on a playlist, the final track won't play at all. I am running Spotify free on desktop, not mobile, and this happens without fail. Any playlist will end one song early if the ad comes just before the last song. This is happening on Windows 8.

@Peter wrote:

Thread701196765173

Description:

Using Spotify free, if an advert is played after the last track on a playlist or artist/album page, the last track will be repeated after the advert ends. 

To reproduce:

• Play a playlist/album/artist page using Spotify free in the desktop client. 
  • Wait for an advert to be played after the last track (won't always happen, depending on advertising).
  • The last track will be repeated after the advert is complete.

Workaround:

None - Skip/Stop last track if you do not wish to hear it again. 

Additional information:

See the first topic above for confirmation screenshots of play history. Second topics confirms this is still an issue in v0.9.8.x

If you are having this issue, can you please post:

1. Your desktop operating system (Windows 7/Mac OS X 10.9.x etc).
  2. Your desktop spotify version (Help/Spotify > About)
  3. A screenshot of your Play Queue > History tab (showing the content you are playing and adverts) is extrememly useful.

Thanks!

Updates:

N/A

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

vesa

I'm having this problem too: " If the ad plays just before the last song on a playlist, the final track won't play at all". The bug has been there for a very long time already.

vigfusei
Music Fan

I've had this problem for quite some time (more than half a year at least). This is the first time I log in to the community, so I was mildly surprised to see this thread.

I also frequently have the same ad (upgrade to spotify premium) play twice in a row, which is even more irritating.

kevinmcfaul

I am in the same issue where the last tracks are not playing.

Community Manager
Community Manager