Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Local Files appearing in Liked Songs

For some reason, a few of my local files have popped up in my liked songs and I can't get rid of them. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Comments
AeroZ

Tapping on the ... menu on mobile offers only an option to Save but the song is already Saved and tapping on Save doesn't do anything.

IMG_0820.PNG

Clicking on the heart icon in my Windows 10 Spotify doesn't un-heart the song and clicking the ... menu doesn't offer to remove the song from Liked Songs.

SPT.PNG

Luan

Hey again, @TheWizardofKoi 

Could you try to log out of your account and try to log in using another account? If the issue persists only on your account, the best to do is start over with a new account. And in this case, you can check the link to know how to start again in a new account and transfer your songs from the old account to the new one. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

Loxer

Hey @AeroZ,

What app and what version of Spotify are you using? Have you updated it because there's no Save keyword in the iOS app anymore.

Also, are you on Windows 10 or macOS as you suggested? Which platform did you use for the local files because Spotify won't transfer local files between different platforms.

Thanks 🙂

AeroZ

I used my IOS device (Spotify 8.5.35 but liking synced local files on a mobile device has been possible for a while now) to heart/like the local files by swiping left on a song. There's indeed no way to heart/like local files in macOS/Windows but the local files liked on mobile show up in Liked Songs playlist On all of my devices (and they're also playable on my computers because I mirror my mp3 files from my Mac to my Windows 10 PC using the Backup feature of Google Backup & Sync). I think the Spotify clients are both 1.1.21 currently.

If you require more screenshots or videos let me know. 

Loxer
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this!

Just to confirm, does the issue persist after a clean reinstallation of the app with these steps?

If that's the case even after a clean reinstall go to your Desktop app and select the Local Files in the Liked Songs section. For Mac use either Backspace or fn + Backspace to remove them, on Windows use the Del key in your keyboard (if that key is missing like in the Mac use fn + Backspace too).

If you're experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE and details below so this gets reported to the right team:

• Your device and it's OS (operating system) version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app(s)
  • Any screenshot and the steps to reproduce the issue

I'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

AeroZ

Heh. Pressing Del key in Windows client deleted the local file from Liked Songs playlist. But tapping on heart icon doesn't do anything and it's not possible to remove the local file using the mobile client.

Loxer

Currently you can use what I suggested to remove them until this gets fixed @AeroZ 

AeroZ

Yup, thanks.

TheWizardofKoi

Selecting the files and pressing the Delete button on the desktop version(Windows) removed them from my Liked Songs.

Thanks to @Luan and @Loxer for their help!!!