Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Local Files appearing in Liked Songs

For some reason, a few of my local files have popped up in my liked songs and I can't get rid of them. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Comments
AeroZ

Actually the question is should it be possible to add/remove local files to/from Liked Songs or not. It was possible to save synced local files into Songs section even before the library overhaul. I think it's a good feature to be able to have all the liked songs in one place. The only issue here is that it hasn't worked very well.

dinomight

I actually happen to be encountering this same issue. I was doing some clean up in my library and noticed I still had some very old local tracks showing up in my liked songs playlist that I had added back when Your Music was first added to Spotify several years ago. Surprisingly, the delete trick on Windows doesn't even work for me. Sometimes, it will act like it's deleted it, and then it just instantly reappears. These are tracks that I saved back in late 2013/early 2014.

Petya

Hey all,

Thanks for staying tuned! 

Since it's been quite some time after we created this Issue, could you update us with the latest info of:

• your device
  • OS
  • Spotify version 
  • what steps you've tried so far
  • when did you start experiencing this

Also, does the Delete trick on Windows work for you? Be sure to let us know with an 'yes' or a 'no.

Let us know 🙂

Guido
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all,

Try doing reinstallation of the app with these steps. If it doesn't help, be sure to add your +VOTE and details below so this gets reported to the right team:

• OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Any screenshot and the steps to reproduce the issue

We will keep you up-to-date in this Ongoing Issue.

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Our tech teams are currently looking into this.

If you're experiencing this, for now, you can try @Loxer 's tip:

For Mac, use either Backspace or fn + Backspace to remove them, on Windows use the Del key in your keyboard (if that key is missing like in the Mac use fn + Backspace too).

If that doesn't help and you haven't already, make sure to add your +VOTE and the following details:

• Your device and OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Any screenshot and the steps to reproduce the issue

We'll make sure to keep you updated here, thanks 🙂

Lugyan

Hi

I have the exactly opposite problem. I want to add a local file to liked songs and I can't >:c. Does anyone know if at least I can do it? I have Windows 10 version.

Mario

Hey @Lugyan ,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Since it appears to be a different issue than the one reported here, would you mind opening a new thread about what you're experiencing by starting a new topic here

This will allow us to provide you with the right type of support given your case 🙂

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Katerina

Hey there folks, 

We haven't heard back from you in a bit so we wanted to double check if you're still experiencing this.

If you are, don't forget to try the workaround posted in the Status Update and to leave a post below with the relevant details including any screenshots and the steps you're trying when this happens.

We'll make sure to pass them on to our tech teams, thanks!

Tried the Loxer's tip too but, same as ever 😓

Your device and OS version

iPhone XR 13.3.1

PC Windows 10

Exact Spotify version

Spotify.8.5.53

Latest update

Any screenshot and the steps to reproduce the issue

Down three songs with gray text

B10116A2-252E-48EE-ABC5-1A7BEADA9311.png

Mazenth

Same here. Impossible to unlike local files.

Latest updates on PC Win10 and Android Samsung S9+

On Android app, unliking a track seems to work but after few seconds the track comes back.

On PC, unlike button doesn't work, however a delete from liked songs works for 1 or 2 seconds, but then the track comes back.

Tried on downloaded tracks or not, local files present or deleted, on my two devices separately, disconnect/reconnect, etc. No ideas left.