Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Local Files appearing in Liked Songs

For some reason, a few of my local files have popped up in my liked songs and I can't get rid of them. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Comments
maksymilianisko

Clicking a heart doesn't do anything, neither does removing local-files.bnk. I also tried to press del key on the local file, and it worked on an older version of the Spotify app, but eventually, it appears again.

Windows 10 PC, OPPO Reno (Android 9)

matty_joe

I have the same issue, clean reinstall, uncheck heart, and windows del key do not remove the old local file songs from liked songs. They only show up in the desktop version of spotify, the web and mobile app do not have the "stuck" local file songs.

younivrs

Got the same issue.

I imported my local files on mobile, couldnt delete it there so i tryed a clean reinstal of the app, still didnt work.

On win 10 desktop it also shows the songs and i cant delete them (by clicking the heart or the del key)

In the web player it doesnt show the importet songs.

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android 10 , App v8.5.54.869

Win 10 19.09 , App v1.1.31.703.g256add22

typ_im_dunkelln

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 6s, WebPlayer and Windows 10

Operating System

iOS 13.3 and Win 10 1909 (AppVersion 1.1.31.703.g256add22)

My Question or Issue
I have a linked library of long-gone ~9400 local songs from my old Desktop-PC in my library. Combine this with the 542 songs I actually marked as "liked" and you get the current like-limit.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all apps, revoke all local file access, force-logoff all devices from the account settings, delete the local-files.bnk... Nothing works. On most systems I cannot remove the unplayable local files, but where I can, I can only delete them from my like list while being offline and get the songs back as soon, as I am online (so deleting while being online means they come back instantly).

This is really annoying, especially as I don't listen to most of the bands in those 9400 songs, but get to know awesome bands recently, which I cannot mark as likes without deleting other likes I actually like! This is rediculous!

sonos17

Your device and OS version

iPhone XR 13.3.1

PC Windows 10

Exact Spotify version

Spotify.1.1.31.703

Latest update

Same problem I've had for some months now I've tried deleting "local-file.bnk"  and/or changing its name and it just comes right back, holding down delete removes the song and it reappears, cant delete it on my iphone or on desktop. I've literally done everything under the sun and they're still there 

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 6, Samsung  Samsung A20, Macbook Pro late 2016)

My Question or Issue

So I have a weird issue with Spotify. There's a liked song in my playlist that will not disappear. I can't press delete it on via the computer, I have even deleted the damn song from the computer. I also can't unlike the song on my 2 mobiles. Yeah it disappears when I press "Show unplayable songs" as off but it shouldn't be there.

I feel that the issue is effecting the playback on the PS4. My PS4 is trying to play those songs in same way as I am often unable to press X on a song to play it. It plays some other random song (but always that particular song) I say this cause I did have other local files as liked songs but I was able to remove them by pressing unlike. I have no idea why this song stays there.

Spotify have suggested resyncing local files and cause that one isn't there anymore it will work?

Wer7

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung S7 Edge & Acer Aspire S7-392

Operating system

Android 8.0.0 & Windows 8.1

Spotify version

8.5.55.1105 & 1.1.31.703.g256add22 

I have tried every possible idea listed here: clearing the cache on both devices, cleanly deleting and reinstalling the app on both devices, logging out on both devices, deleting the local files on my laptop hoping that the files will eventually disappear and not be just greyed out. They are greyed out since I clicked on the heart icon about 5 days ago in order to remove them from my liked songs, still, they don't disappear, just appear unavailable. I manually tried to select them and press Delete on my laptop, still, no solving. The songs disappear for a second and then reappear. The same things happens on the phone when I press the ... menu and click on Liked. Sometimes I exit the app and when I come back the number of songs decreases, meaning that those songs finally disappeared from the library, but then I access the app again and they are right back. It is quite frustrating.

I also have another issue regarding the storage: I store all the songs on my SD card and once in a while, it appears that the app no longer recognizes that and tries to move all the songs on my internal storage, making my phone crash. The SD card is not the problem, since I changed it the moment it first happened.

Please fix the first problem at least, it's really annoying.

DiPGames

Plan

Premium

Device

Motorola Moto e5 plus & ASUS

Operating system

Android 8 & Windows 7

I have the same problem. I was writing with one of Spotify members and he told me that they gonna fix it in the update. It was like a week or two ago. Nothing fixed :((

onnigaaa

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 10s, iPad Pro 2018 & Windows 10

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1 and Win 10 (AppVersion 1.1.31.703.g256add22 )

My Question or Issue

I have the same problem. I have deleted the music from my PC a while ago. The songs are grayed out and I can't delete them. I have tried everything but as soon as I remove the heart, the song appears again 1-2 seconds later. The delete button on the PC does not work either. The song disappears there also only a few seconds. There are approx. 4000 songs greyed out and it sucks. I don't want to hide them, I really want them deleted.

Greets from Germany 🙂

smielewski

I am having the same issue with local files, clicking the heart or unliking the songs doesn't hold.

I've done a fresh install on my phone and laptop, turned off local files, tried the 'delete' key, as well as 'command + delete' and 'fn + delete.'

I have an iPhone XR with iOS 13.4.1 (current) and Spotify version 8.5.55 (current).

My laptop is a MacBook Pro with macOS 10.15.4 (current) and Spotify version 1.1.31.703.g256add22 (this is the number that came up under about Spotify).