Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Local Files appearing in Liked Songs

For some reason, a few of my local files have popped up in my liked songs and I can't get rid of them. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Comments
andreags4
I just updated the app on my iPhone and I can confirm that it’s working.
I deleted all the greyed out songs in my library and now they’re all gone.
jrmny

It (almost) worked for me as well. I was able to delete the songs from my liked songs. But i accidentely deleted one of my local files that i wanted to keep with the other ones. I tried to add it again but although the song is no longer in my liked songs the heart is still filled out so i can't like it again. If i tap the heart nothing happens. I think this is related to the original issue in this discussion. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? 

renzhubin

Yesterday I tried to use the delete key on Windows, but this is also the case. Today, using the delete key can be deleted on Windows. Now there is only a problem on Android

martincxv

Has this been fixed? 

DiPGames

I updated Spotify on Windows and Android. It still is not fixed. 😞

martincxv

Aw man, this sucks. It's been bothering me for a while now since I have like 100 songs i want to delete but I can't.

jrmny
Spoiler
I thought it was fixed for me but i just discovered it isn't. The songs don't show up in my liked songs since i deleted them the way it's described here, but i shuffled all songs and suddenly the deleted songs show up in the queue again.Screenshot_20200521-180001.png

jrmny

I thought it was fixed for me but i just discovered it isn't. The songs don't show up in my liked songs since i deleted them the way it's described here, but i shuffled all songs and suddenly the deleted songs show up in the queue again.

Screenshot_20200521-180001.png

smolpotat0e

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6, Desktop

Operating System

Oxygen Os, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

i added some songs from my local files back on my old phone wich since broke and now the songs are unplayable and i cant remove them from my favorites. Somebody posted this same problem in 2017 but there wasn't a solution on his thread so I'm asking again if somebody might be able to help me get rid of these ghost tracks.

martincxv

I personally don't think this is ever gonna get fixed. So lesson learned: don't mess around with local files on Spotify since they are buggy