Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Local Files appearing in Liked Songs

For some reason, a few of my local files have popped up in my liked songs and I can't get rid of them. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Comments
MattSuda

I ran into this problem in the past and what I did was search for the same song in the mobile app (in this case iOS) and remove it from my liked songs there and then it disappears from the desktop app too.

alyssa-ly

@renzhubin Thanks for the tip, will attempt to do it for the next couple of days. Hope it works for me too.

@MattSuda Tried to do that too. Unfortunately, when I tried to remove the song from my Liked Songs on my phone, it seemed to work for a moment, but then it just reappeared right away and nothing changed.

Wer7

I may have found a solution. I tried unliking the songs while in offline mode (internet turned off) and this worked on both my phone and my laptop. Hope the songs won't come up again, that would be a bummer 

martincxv

OK so the issue has been fixed on Android, I was able to delete all my local files from Liked Songs but today I opened the desktop app and the songs were still showing up there, even though on Android they appeared as Deleted/Not Liked

MattSuda

@martincxv 

I just tried this again today when I found some old local files in my liked songs list and it worked. When I deleted (unliked) them from liked songs list in the mobile app I had the desktop app open at the same time. Once I unliked the song from iPhone it disappeared from the desktop app too. Try doing it with both the mobile app and desktop app open at the same time.

Wer7

"I may have found a solution. I tried unliking the songs while in offline mode (internet turned off) and this worked on both my phone and my laptop. Hope the songs won't come up again, that would be a bummer"

Posted this on Thursday.

Songs reappeared today! 😞 

nyankaran

I have tried all the above suggestions but none have worked. When I unlike the song (either by selecting it and hitting Delete on Windows, or clicking the heart/sliding left on iOS) it immediately comes back. On iOS it shows the loading icon (3 dots in centre of screen) then comes back. 

Laptop

Windows 10 Home 

Version 1909

Build 18363.836

Spotify version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3

iPhone 11 Pro Max

iOS 13.4.1

Spotify version 8.5.60.881

Xenia
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Many thanks for all your comments and info so far. We've passed everything on to the relevant teams, who are still working on a fix.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and subscribe to this thread so that you'll be notified as soon as there are any updates.

We hope to have more info soon.

Xenia
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello again,

We really appreciate you bearing with us on this one!

Our tech teams are looking into this, however, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, so we'll mark this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now.

We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any further updates to pass on.

arkainth

bruh