Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Local Files appearing in Liked Songs

For some reason, a few of my local files have popped up in my liked songs and I can't get rid of them. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Comments
Andrea_Manghi

The same thing also happened to me, but in my case, the problem was only on my two PCs (one with Windows and the other with Linux).
Interestingly on my phone and my tablet (respectively with android 10 and android 5.1.1), the local songs are not shown in my favorite list.

Katerina

Hey there folks, 

We have an update for you!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

Could you give it another go and let us know how it goes for you?

If you're still experiencing this, it would be helpful including as an example the names of a couple local files that you're having troubles with. We'll make sure to pass them along to the teams looking into this.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks 🙂

Mario
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello again,

We really appreciate you bearing with us on this one!

Our tech teams are looking into this, however, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, so we'll mark this Ongoing Issue as Not Right Now.

Would you mind letting us know what happens if you try removing some local tracks again now?

If you're still having issues, it'd be great if you'd post a comment with the name of a couple tracks you experienced this with.

We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any further updates to pass on.

Katerina
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Andrea_Manghi

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I tried, as suggested by @Mario , to remove the local song that is stuck in my favorite list, but, as before, I can't remove it.
If needed, here is the name of the local file that is causing my issue:
Jack_U_x_Ekali_x_Gravez_-_Mind_Karol_Tip_Edit.mp3
I hope this will help you in solving this issue.

xxavatarxx

I have the same issue with the Wrecking ball (caked up remix) by Miley Cyrus and I've had it for a long time now. It stayed before the new update where the ❤️ were removed, and it still is here when the ❤️ are gone. I don't even have a ❤️ next to the timer on it... Screenshot 2021-04-04 202649.png

JAKK

Issue not fixed. Cannot remove song from library. Have tried all suggestions.

JAKK_0-1623465829972.png

vaporeon

I've having this same problem on Mac and I think selecting the track with the mouse and clicking either Backspace or Fn+Backspace worked... The local file is now gone from my liked songs.

jackthompson

Still got this problem

endonio

THIS PAGE has an actual solution: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Can-t-remove-a-song-from-liked-songs/m-p/4933893#M1...

1. Select the song on your desktop application.
  2. Press Shift + Delete
  3. Celebrate