Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Local Files appearing in Liked Songs

For some reason, a few of my local files have popped up in my liked songs and I can't get rid of them. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams have made some changes backstage that should help with this issue.

If you experience a similar issue, make sure to let us know in the relevant Help board, and to include all useful details so we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Comments
pocketmaster123

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify Version

1.1.31.703.g256add22

Screenshot:

Capture.PNG

andreags4

Plan

Premium

Operating system

iOS, Android and Windows 10

Same issue here. I've tried everything possible but as other users wrote, nothing solved the problem.

jrmny

I have the same problem. I was able to remove the local files from my liked songs on my phone but for some reason they still show up on my desktop and I cannot remove them. I tried everything listed here but nothing's working

Wer7

I see that they updated the apps on both Windows and Android, still, to no avail. The problem persists 😞

Deister

I am having the same issue, both iOS and Windows (updated to latest version).

I remember that there once was a version of spotify where you could 'like' local songs and they then appeared on my liked songs playlist. These songs are now stuck and I can't delete them. I tried on mobile and on desktop.

renzhubin

I'm a Chinese user, and I recently discovered this problem. The songs I imported on my computer can't be deleted by any method now. Windows presses the del key the songs will recover after a while, and the unlike key does not respond. Songs will resume after a few seconds on unlike on Android

Same issue as other users

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 2016 & iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 & iOS 13.4.1

Spotify Version

Latest

Problem is SOLVED.

I had this problem on my Macbook and iPhone.

The liked songs would appear again when I tried to delete them, but after the new update on the Macbook, I could delete without them appearing again.

Wer7

Just updated after seeing people saying that now it works...on Android the problem is still NOT solved, despite the update 😞 (version 8.5.58.954)

pocketmaster123

For no reason at all, i tried today deleting them and now they are all gone, i didn't change anything other than Update Spotify on Windows and now it works.