[Desktop][Nano] 6/7th gen iPod isn't recognized

Thread: 179016

Description:

Spotify doesn't rezognize the latest iPods (6th and 7th gen) that use the new Lightning connector

Workaround:

Sync local files to your iPod via iTunes (since you can't sync Spotify content to generic iPods even with premium - full details of this restriction are outlined here).

If you have an iPod Touch, you need to sync via WiFi.

Additional information:

2013-01-14: Updated bug to reflect it also affects 6th gen (which also have Lightning connectors). (Thanks Peter)

2013-03-13: It looks like we may have a fix for this. Now it's just waiting to get it into a future desktop update.

2013-12-26: Updating work around information for clarity.

2014-01-15: We won't be fixing this. But, because you can only sync local tracks, the mentioned workaround to use iTunes works fine.

--

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

Comments
raphaelmro
Casual Listener

@Peter wrote:

@cocoxxx wrote:

Is this issue still ongoing? 

I created a playlist for my 30th birthday party (which is in less than 48 hrs) and today bought an iPod Nano in order to play this - it's not being detected. 

This was the only reason I bought the Nano and I'm pretty sure the store won't accept a return based on a Spotify issue. I'm really upset that this issue was not made clear by Spotify as I conducted searches prior to make sure the Nano was the right choice for me. 

Unfortunately, this is still an issue. 

I'm not sure the nano was the right choice of device for what you are looking to do either. If you created a Spotify playlist, made up of content from the Spotify catalogue then you wouldn't be able to copy it to an iPod nano anyway. The Spotify iPod sync can only sync local tracks, which you own from your hard drive to iPod nanos, classics and shuffles. There is more information about that restriction in this topic

Peter

Peter,

does the Spotify is working to solve this issue? Cause we have this known bug since december 12'. It seems that Spotify is losing users cause of this bug.

Thanks.

Peter__
Community Legend

raphaelmro, 

You have no idea how much I would love this bug to be solved! Unfortunately, I don't work for Spotify (I'm just a community super user) so I don't have any news, updates or reports for you I'm afraid. 

Peter

raphaelmro
Casual Listener

@Peter wrote:

raphaelmro, 

You have no idea how much I would love this bug to be solved! Unfortunately, I don't work for Spotify (I'm just a community super user) so I don't have any news, updates or reports for you I'm afraid. 

Peter

Ok Peter,

is it a known bug by the spotify team?

Peter__
Community Legend

I should hope so since this is their bugs topic :P 

Peter

Whacker

It's a major surprise that a Nano 1) can't be synched at all and 2) even if it could be synched, could not be synched with spotify tracks.

I can't remember ther exact wording, but it was apparent that an ipod could be used to listen to spotify tracks.  Very deceptive conduct by spotify.

Deffa86

Will there ever be fix for that problem?

Gabids

This is a really annoying bug. And i wish I read more carefully about the syncing thing BEFORE i got subscription. Theres 0 point in me paying for a streaming service and buying the songs seperately for my iPod nano.

ashutoshmohan

I have the same problem. I have an iPod nano 7th gen and a macbook pro running mountain lion. 

I would like to - with the others - urge spotify to fix this problem asap. thanks,

drif
Regular

is there a fix for this, or not yet?

Ipod Nano / 7th gen + Spotify Premium

device isn't picked up by Spotify

Peter__
Community Legend

Unfortunately not yet!:

The fix might be done internally, but it has not yet made it into a desktop release. 

Peter