[Desktop][Nano] 6/7th gen iPod isn't recognized

Thread: 179016

Description:

Spotify doesn't rezognize the latest iPods (6th and 7th gen) that use the new Lightning connector

Workaround:

Sync local files to your iPod via iTunes (since you can't sync Spotify content to generic iPods even with premium - full details of this restriction are outlined here).

If you have an iPod Touch, you need to sync via WiFi.

Additional information:

2013-01-14: Updated bug to reflect it also affects 6th gen (which also have Lightning connectors). (Thanks Peter)

2013-03-13: It looks like we may have a fix for this. Now it's just waiting to get it into a future desktop update.

2013-12-26: Updating work around information for clarity.

2014-01-15: We won't be fixing this. But, because you can only sync local tracks, the mentioned workaround to use iTunes works fine.

--

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

It looks like we may have a fix for this. Now it's just waiting to get it into a future desktop update.

kissmydrone
Casual Listener

When is the desktop update going to go live? 

matteo94
Regular

when the fix? i updated to 0.8.8.349, but my ipod isn't supported (7th). Come on, i can't wait, i will uninstall itunes

KRO

SAME AS ABOVE . GET A MOVE ON SPOTIFY ! 

I HAVE ALSO SIGNED UP TO PREMIUM AND HAVE AN IPOD NANO 7TH GENERATION.

WHAT'S THE POINT IN DELAYING .  YOU ARE  GOING TO LOOSE A LOT OF REVENUE FROM PEOPLE LIKE US WHO WOULD HAVE RENEWED PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP EACH MONTH , BUT NOW WE WILL ALL BE CANCELING OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS.

YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR FINANCE DIRECTOR & CEO AWARE OF OF THIS ONGOING ISSUE , WHICH WILL DAMAGE YOUR REPUTATION AND YOUR FINANCES.

matteo94
Regular

even you have the premium version, in the ipod nano you can put just the mp3s: the offline playlist aren't supported. they are .ogg Vorbis and they aren't supported by ipod nano.

And it is written: spotify will sync only the local music.

but my problem is: the ipod nano 7th generation is not recognized like a device.

matteo94
Regular

hi, i just updated to 0.8.8.450.gd9413516 , the last update, but still nothing, my ipod isn't recognized.

I am still waiting for the support.

kissmydrone
Casual Listener

Ok, now its just disturbing. I bought my ipod nano (btw. probably one of the most bought mp3 players worldwide) thinking that i will be able to synchronise it with my Spotify Premium account. Now its more than 2-3 weeks (or even more) from the time this problem has been identiffied, and you do nothing! That is outrageous ...

I would therefore like to get a refund on my premium account then.

matteo94
Regular

I will repeat: if you have premium you can't sync offline playlist!! just the local music! the ipod nano doesn't support premium.

Sevenlillies
Casual Listener

I too bought a Nano 7th generation, and am very disappointed.  I started my "free premium" trial today and will cancel it.  Poor information on the part of Spotify.  Not good.  I was under the impression that Spotify would work with my device and I would not have bought the iPod if I knew it was not going to work. 

CHRISREWORK

same here.. no works just upgraded to premium.. glad its a trial..no fix soon = cancel..