[Desktop] Navigating backward and forward using mouse buttons no longer works

In the latest version of Spotify you removed the ability to navigate back and forward using extra mouse buttons. I usually go back and forward with two thumb buttons on my mouse. This no longer works in Spotify (still works in other applications).

Plan: Premium

Device: PC

Operating System: Windows 10 x64 [Build 1909]

Spotiy: 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
inphact
Visitor

Just revert back to the old version. Download the old app from filehorse. Downside is that you need to install it again when you want to run it because it auto updates. Working on that so it stops auto updating.

MarcoKramer71

I already use AutoHotkey to set global hotkeys for media control, so I just added this to my Media.ahk file to fix the issue:

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe Spotify.exe
XButton1::Send, !{Left}

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe Spotify.exe
XButton2::Send, !{Right}

miles_153
Gig Goer

@MarcoKramer71  Thanks, that works beautifully, until Spotify f up the ALT+left/right commands. xD

MarcoKramer71

Ha! 😁
But yeah, these patches should not be necessary, of course.

abroz

The work around of adding application-specific buttons via Logitech SetPoint does not work -- it reverts to nothing within a few minutes, without even closing app or rebooting

Blangzo

Plan

Premium (family)

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify Version:

1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb

Notes:
ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT key combinations still work for navigation, also every other application works as usual.

MrRamzi

Latest update fixed the issue 

Spotify Ver. 1.1.25.559.g85cf5e4c

Win 10

thom2002
Visitor

This one is super painful. Totally ruins the flow of going through my library. In the future you guys should stand up some tests with something like Puppeteer/Selenium to catch the basics like back click working. Would have saved a lot of issues.

Noctale
Visitor

It seems that 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb is the latest version available for Windows 10, either downloading from the Store or direct from the Spotify site. I guess this update is rolling out one region at a time. Looking forward to finally having this issue solved!

stijnvankampen

It's fixed in the latest update, big thanks!