[Desktop] Navigating backward and forward using mouse buttons no longer works

In the latest version of Spotify you removed the ability to navigate back and forward using extra mouse buttons. I usually go back and forward with two thumb buttons on my mouse. This no longer works in Spotify (still works in other applications).

Plan: Premium

Device: PC

Operating System: Windows 10 x64 [Build 1909]

Spotiy: 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
luxkstn
Regular
Well that's bizarre...
gustaf87
Having the exact same problem, extremely annoying! 😕
vi3nya
Visitor
Yeah I have the same issue. Hoping for a fast fix!
Drewcifer
Same. I really don't understand why spotify continually removes features and functionality all the time. This app seems to get slightly worse with every update.
dkoy
Casual Listener
Updated yesterday and having the same issue so adding in for visibility. DR37's comment about it still working in the upper portion of the app was helpful for now but they should still fix this.
Windows 10 Desktop version 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a. Logitech MX518 mouse
GreenCharlotte

Same here, it totally sucks. Hope they'll fix it ASAP, even tho they never got back the feature to search songs from your playlist just by typing the name..

alaninspace
Casual Listener

Could we please get some feedback from Spotify admin or a moderator?

Was this a deliberate change, or just a new bug that needs fixed?

santekiv
Casual Listener

Windows 10 Spotify version 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a

After latest (or on of the latest) update my next and back buttons (for browsing, not to be confused with media buttons for skipping songs) on my mouse stopped working with Spotify. Media buttons still work (I have pause/play, skipping buttons and these back/next browsing buttons all on my mouse), just browsing is broken.

bourgogne

Same thing here on Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.914, Steelseries gaming mouse. For now I work around the issue with this simple AutoHotKey script:

#IfWinActive ahk_exe Spotify.exe
XButton1::Send {Browser_Back}
XButton2::Send {Browser_Forward}
#IfWinActive

nostromox3

I have the same problem