[Desktop] Playback issues on Windows 7

Hey folks,

We've been seeing reports of users who are experiencing issues with the Spotify desktop app on Windows 7.

First off, could you try reinstalling the app, making sure to remove any Spotify app data in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify?

If that doesn't work, we'd like you to provide us with the following info:

• your country
  • the exact Spotify version you're running
  • a description of the behaviour of the app, including any errors
  • any other info or workarounds you think are relevant to the issue

Once we have that, we'll take a closer look.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Hey again folks,

Thanks for bearing with us! Rest assured that our tech teams are still looking into this.

If you're having troubles with the desktop app on your Windows 7 device, could you also try checking your hosts files (there are steps on how to do this included in this Spotify Answer) and see if that helps?

If the issue persists after that, please make sure to leave a comment with the following details, along with your +VOTE:

• Your device and its operating system version
  • The exact Spotify version
  • An example of when the error is occurring - you can add a timestamp/the date and time
  • Do you have a bank security software installed?

We'll keep you posted on any updates we have to pass on 🙂

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

Issue with Windows 10 not 7

Spotify Version: 1.125.559.0

Issues: Every time I open the desktop app, it crashes and won't let me log in. I know two others who have this problem as well. I have reinstalled it multiple times, including through the Task Manager. I have also checked my firewall, to ensure it wasn't preventing it from running, and I have attempted to repair the app as well. Nothing has worked. I've used the desktop app for about 5 years and have never had this problem up until about a month ago.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Visitor

O NEGOCIO E IR PRO DEEZER ESSE CARA DO SUPORTE FORMADO EM EAD E COMPLICADO.

O NEGOCIO NÃO FUNCIONA NO WINDOWS 7, VOU DAR MAIS UMA SEMANA, SE NÃO RESOLVER VOU PRO DEEZER. SUPORTE AQUI E PIOR QUE DA STEAM.

Regular

This issue is still happening.

I'm really thinking to cancel my Spotify account because of it...

I'm using YOUTUBE to listen music, and I have Spotify!...unbelievable....

If you want, I can give you a TeamViewer ID and Password to investigate the issue...

Thanks

Tengo el mismo problema que todos.

Quizá no hay más quejas aquí, porque la mayoría utiliza el servicio en el celular.

Igualdad para todos, espero con ansias una solución rápida, por favor.

Já se passaram meses desde o inicio do problema e até agora só foram nos passado respostas automáticas, inacreditável um suporte tão ineficiente e precária de um serviço pago, vou abrir uma queixa no Reclame Aqui, talvez lá eles levem esse problema a sério.
Atualização:
Abri hoje a reclamação e já me responderam, recomendo que façam o mesmo.

Visitor

Nada resolvido até o momento !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casual Listener

SPOTIFY, PELO AMOR DE DEUS, RESOLVA ESSE PROBLEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Já se passaram meses que o problema começou, NÃO É POSSÍVEL QUE UMA EMPRESA DE TECNOLOGIA NÃO CONSIGA RESOLVER UM PROBLEMA TÃO SIMPLES COMO ESSE!!!!!!!!!!

Vocês não tão aplicando a dedicação necessária pra solucionar isso, PAREM DE EMPURRAR O PROBLEMA COM A BARRIGA E RESOLVAM DE UMA VEZ POR TODAS CARAMBA!

Casual Listener

EU VOU ENCHER O SACO DE VOCÊS ATÉ VOCÊS DESISTIREM DE IGNORAR O PROBLEMA E COMEÇAREM A AGIR

Pessoal, vamos continuar comentando e movimentando isso aqui, se o tópico ficar parado, aí mesmo que eles não vão mexer um dedo pra ajudar

Casual Listener

For the love of god, @Peter , give us an update. 

Casual Listener

@Peter please, help us. Give us some update 
WE NEED HELP