[Desktop] Progress Bar Resets to 0:00 when Switching to Fullscreen

Hi everyone, 

We're receiving reports from our users that while playing a song and switching to full screen mode the track's progress bar gets back to 0:00, but the song keeps on playing.

This happens on desktop devices with Windows across multiple countries.  

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Cheers!  

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. Since the original issue reported here has been resolved, we're closing this as fixed. 

We've seen a couple mentions that there's no moving point on the progress bar in full screen mode, which has already been reported to the right teams. We suggest you head over to this thread for more info - We'll make sure to check back there as soon as we have any news to share.

If you're experiencing a different issue, you can start a new topic in the relevant help board and we'll do our best to help.

Cheers!

Comments
Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

As mentioned before, we've passed this information to our relevant team so that they can have a closer look into this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime 🙂

Take care!

Ivan
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

TBramlee
Visitor

Country
United States

Device

Desktop
Operating System
Windows 21H1
Spotify Version

1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a

Issue

Since updating to the newest version of Spotify, going into fullscreen mode will reset the progress bar to 0:00 (or whatever time you skipped to before going into fullscreen mode).  When exiting fullscreen it returns to showing the correct time on the progress bar.

hugobacher
Visitor

It's fixed for me after updating to version 1.1.60.668.gff09d345-a. I'm on a Windows 10 PC with Spotify Premium Family in Sweden.

Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

The relevant team is currently testing out a fix for this. Could you make sure that your app is updated to the latest version and letting us know if the issue persists? 

If it does, make sure to also provide us with the following info:

Thanks! 

nullgovernment
Casual Listener

The song continues playing, counter resets to 0 and it's also not possible to change the position of the song (there is no moving clickable dot along the "timeline").

Lithuania

Desktop Spotify 1.1.60.668.gff09d345-a

Windows 20H2 19042.985

ooliver
Visitor

UK
windows 10 64 bit x64 version 20H2

1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a

lenovo S145-15IWL - pentium 5045U 2.3GHz = UHD 610 - 4GB

raulcferraz
Visitor

The running time is fixed for me, but the progress bar is always "full" and I cannot click on it.

USA

Spotify 1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a

Windows 10 Home 20H2 64-bit

Dell XPS 13 9370

Elena

Hey folks!

Thanks for sharing your info with us.

We've got some new reports that this has been fixed and we wanted to check with you if the issue still persists on your end.

Thanks for the cooperation.

raulcferraz
Visitor

Hi @Elena,

On my end, the progress bar still has no functionality. Thanks for the follow-up!

USA

1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a

Windows 10 Home 20H2 64-bit

Dell XPS 13 9370

Related Issues