Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Team,
After automatic update of Desktop version of Spotify, the "Recently Played" subsection has disappeared from Home section.
Before update the Home section used to start with "Recently Played", "Made for..." and then the other suggestions.
Now the Home sections starts with show suggestions, but "Recently Played" subsection is nowhere to be found. I did check the whole menu.
If your advise is the Queue/History section - it's not the same as it simply shows the list of all played songs in the row.  "Recently Played" subsection used to show all recently played playlists even those not saved in Library.
Please advise.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Jeremy

Hi again @Clairicious,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

GrayJackel

Please bring back history under the "Your Library" Tab.

I often found artist threw the radio and when ever I get of said radio I would always go back to it from the "Recently Played" tab.

Please bring it back, it was the best way to discover new artist for me.

And it was such a big change to remove.

GrayJackel
It was removed from desktop and web. This is the problem.
The only way to access it is directly threw typing in the address
https://open.spotify.com/genre/recently-played
This is not a proper solution.
GrayJackel
Pretty sure if multiple users are having the exact same problem, this suggestion would be a mute point.
GrayJackel

@Jermey I can confirm that this issue affects other users like myself. 

Spotify removed the feature last night, and you going around suggesting that it's the users fault is frankly insulting. 

You could have opened up your own Spotify web or desktop player and checked for your self to see that what the user was describing was correct. 

CarlosE

Hey @GrayJackel,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just to clarify, we've never suggested that this is the users' fault. We're suggesting some troubleshooting steps that might be of help and asking for more info to narrow down the possible cause of the issue, since we can confirm that this section wasn't removed and we can see it on our end.

Could you let us know if you already tried running a clean reinstall of the app by following the specific steps in this guide? This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store if you're on Windows.

If that didn't make any difference, could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if the Recently played section is missing in that account as well?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Clairicious
Hi @CarlosE and @Jeremy
I have tried clean reinstall of Desktop Spotify (according to your attached instructions) and logged in on 2 different PCs, the "Recently played" still missing from the Home section. And it's missing from the Web Spotify player.

When tried using another account (Free account with another e-mail) the "Recently played" indeed appears in Home section of Desktop app and Web Spotify player.

Since the difference is not only in Desktop app but also on Web Spotify player, it makes me wonder if the issue is not an app related but an account related.

I want to repeat. With my original Premium account I did the following:
- I did clean reinstall 2 times
- I tried different PC
- I tried logging into Web Spotify player
all above had the same issue: "Recently played" still missing from the Home section.
So it's not my PC issue.

Please advise.
MorganA2

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Pc Windows

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After the last update I cannot access my "recently played" section anymore. I was told that its still accessible on the home page of the app, but unfortunately I cannot see it on the desktop app, but only on my cellphone.

From the desktop app I don't see the link either and from the web browser I get a grey page.

Can someone of the support staff take a look at the issue, please?

Desktop.jpg
WinApp.jpg
CarlosE

Hi there @Clairicious,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

For what you've mentioned, this issue seems to be indeed account-related. However, there are a couple more things you can try. Could you check your hosts file for any lines that should be deleted as instructed in this guide?

We'd also like to know if the section is still missing when using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot.

Lastly, let us know if this section is also missing in the mobile app.

Keep us posted.

MorganA2

I'm too reporting the same exact problem with my account. The "recently played" section in completely gone from both desktop (Windows 10) and web (same pc).

I can still view it on the mobile app, but that's not really a solution...