Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Team,
After automatic update of Desktop version of Spotify, the "Recently Played" subsection has disappeared from Home section.
Before update the Home section used to start with "Recently Played", "Made for..." and then the other suggestions.
Now the Home sections starts with show suggestions, but "Recently Played" subsection is nowhere to be found. I did check the whole menu.
If your advise is the Queue/History section - it's not the same as it simply shows the list of all played songs in the row.  "Recently Played" subsection used to show all recently played playlists even those not saved in Library.
Please advise.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Mihail

Hey @MorganA2,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please list the troubleshooting steps from those posted above that you've already tried? That way we can avoid suggesting something you've already tested.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

balonlon

Hasn't been removed actually! Its now just under "Queue" > "Recently played"

MorganA2

I've tried to clean up the cache for the web player, reinstalled the app a couple of times (both with the Windows store and the Spotify website) and the issue is still there, unfortunately, no recently played list.

Eni

Hi @MorganA2

Thanks for sending us this info.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the Spotify app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give these steps a go in order to check your host files? 

Let us know how it goes.

Clairicious
Hi @CarlosE
Thanks for reply.
I have checked the hosts file according to your attached instructions. It didn't have any spotify/fastly entries.

In any way it's not a network issue since I used the same PC and network when I checked both accounts (original premium and test free account).
The original premium account didn't have Recently played section neither in Desktop app nor Web player.
The test free account had Recently played section both in Desktop app and Web player.

Please advise.
Novy

Hey @Clairicious

Thanks for your reply. 

Since this worked with the new account, you can take a look at this article that describes how you start over with a new account.

You can also check this article out to learn how you can transfer your music from your old account to the new one.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

Clairicious
Hey @Novy
First of all, please read the whole thread before you make a suggestion. None of the solutions had resolved the issue many users have.
Are you suggesting that all of us have to drop our original accounts and create new accounts with new email? How is that a solution?
The issue has occurred after the latest update for many users at once. Doesn't it mean that Spotify has messed up something?
How can you suggest us to start over with a brand new account?
Plus, my original account (that has "Recently Played" issues) is a main Premium account for Duo plan.
So both of us have to create brand new accounts with another email? Have you considered the whole inconvenience of cancelling both subscriptions and paying for new ones, setting the whole thing up on both accounts? And when the next Spotify update messes them up as well, we start over again?
Just how many emails do you think we use in our daily lives?
MorganA2

I tried both the clean install and cleaning up the host list. I didn't find any host related to Spotify, I'm not sure why.

Anyway, it hasn't solved the issue, I still cannot access the recently played list on the PC app.

bioroide

After the last update (and uninstalling and re-installing) I can see the "Recently Played" section again when clicking on "Home" in the desktop app. However, it does not work very well. It seems to "forget" playlists and music that I've listened to (even if it showed them briefly at some point, they seem to disappear later), it's very annoying. Please fix.

Ivan
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.