Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Recently Played disappeared after last update on Windows 10

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Team,
After automatic update of Desktop version of Spotify, the "Recently Played" subsection has disappeared from Home section.
Before update the Home section used to start with "Recently Played", "Made for..." and then the other suggestions.
Now the Home sections starts with show suggestions, but "Recently Played" subsection is nowhere to be found. I did check the whole menu.
If your advise is the Queue/History section - it's not the same as it simply shows the list of all played songs in the row.  "Recently Played" subsection used to show all recently played playlists even those not saved in Library.
Please advise.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
franklekens

Also, the moderator says to create a new thread on this forum if you have problems with this. But either I am particularly stupid or there is no possibily to create new threads. All I see is a database with past threads, an no option anywhere to "create" or post a new thread. I'm lucky I find this old thread that has an option to respond to it even.

sixty428

@franklekens 

My Spotify has just updated to this version: 

Spotify for Windows
1.1.71.560.gc21c3367

Which is obviously the same as yours. My "Recently played" hub is definitely still there.

sixty428

@franklekens 

Regarding creating a new thread:

Click on the menu at the top right of the page, and under "Help", choose "Desktop (Windows)".

Then use the "START A TOPIC" button.

Clairicious

The issue is definitely back after the latest update! On windows and mobile!

sixty428

@Clairicious 

If you have the same version as me: 1.1.71.560.gc21c3367 on Windows 10, and I'm still seeing the 'Recently played' hub, then it must be a rollout issue.

Bluefinger87

😐 So once again, I am without the Recently Played list. This time, it doesn't appear that streaming to a chromecast updates the Recently Played list like with this particular bug, and the lack of recently played list is also appearing on the mobile app as well. So this appears to be a different issue at hand than what went on with this thread.

Therefore, I'll update the Mobile thread instead and see if the fix there resolves for desktop as well.

jrivett

I can confirm that the problem has returned for me in Spotify for Windows 1.1.71.560.gc21c3367.

This seriously sucks. Come on Spotify, do better.

franklekens

I seem to have my recently played list back. Spotify for Windows
1.1.72.439.gc253025e. 
It all seems rather haphazard.

Susi_FIN

Version Spotify for Windows / 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad.

No "recently played" in mobile, web or desktop, which drives me absolutely nuts since now my Daily Mixes are replaced with Disney and Cocomelon due to the inability to clean up after our little listener.

MChevalier13

It's now 2022/05/31, and this is NOT fixed. I am currently running version 1.1.86.857.g3751ee08 On Windows, and I no longer have the option to remove items from my "Recently Played". This is still not available in the Android app, nor on the Web Browser.  Please add this simple feature to ALL platforms, and allow syncing of this data across all platforms.