Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Team,
After automatic update of Desktop version of Spotify, the "Recently Played" subsection has disappeared from Home section.
Before update the Home section used to start with "Recently Played", "Made for..." and then the other suggestions.
Now the Home sections starts with show suggestions, but "Recently Played" subsection is nowhere to be found. I did check the whole menu.
If your advise is the Queue/History section - it's not the same as it simply shows the list of all played songs in the row.  "Recently Played" subsection used to show all recently played playlists even those not saved in Library.
Please advise.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
GrayJackel

@balonlon That is not the same feature. It only has the same name.

It does not show automatic radios or recently searched for songs.

It only shows the songs you have played threw the que recently, and is not the same.

MorganA2

Mi Spotify app version is "1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a", I use a windows pc running Windows 10 and I reside in Italy.

calhoon72

@Mihail @Jeremy 

Hi! I assume my account was hacked because I noticed the Recently Played list on my iPhone had a lot of music that I don't listen to. After changing my password, I went to the DESKTOP app to remove the music and there was no Recently Played list. I updated my Spotify app (desktop version) and was able to access the recently played, and was able to click the three-dot menu on each song to "REMOVE from RECENTLY PLAYED". But this is where it gets weird...

I closed the desktop app and checked my phone and the unfamiliar music was still there after logging out and back in. So I went back to the desktop app and the unfamiliar music was back! And, the functionality to remove music from Recently Played was gone! The app must have updated again within that 5 minute period and the remove functionality was gone! What is going on? We need to be able to remove music from Recently Played. Can someone please help?

Version: 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

USA / Dallas, TX

Macbook Pro OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Der_Xte_Mensch

I have the same problem. Only in the mobile app, I can see the Recently Played section, not in my Destop App (Linux, Version 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60) nor in the browser.

A few days ago, I could still see the Recently Played section in my Destop App, but after a restart of the app it always only showed two albums, the album last played and an album which I played a long time ago (never any other album was shown as second last played, although I didn't listen to this album for a very long time).

Bluefinger87

The entire Recently Played page seems to have been removed for me with the update for the new UI. No longer able to look at playlists/albums that I had listened to previously, and the queue/history is a very poor replacement for keeping track of playlists and albums.

Pretty much lost functionality today that I was still using during the week and prior.

Spain, Windows 10 Desktop, app version 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

playfan5

@Jeremy , exact same problem here. I've lost this menu that I was using each and every day.

I was wondering if this isn't a removal due to the forthcoming update where we will (thankfully) be able to have 3 months of history?

What does the product team have to say about this?

However, if this has been intentionally removed, this is very (very) unfortunate.

Andy

MorganA2

Today I was notified of the new update, I installed it but I've still got the same problem: on the pc (Windows 10) I cannot see the recently played section.

sella98

I also have this issue with both my android app and apple desktop app.

I'm in the UK.

The version no on my app is: 8.6.18.720 . The version on the desktop is: 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a .

Tried reinstalling and it hasn't worked; been like this since the last update. I've included screenshots of both my phone and desktop (with the personal stuff censored for my privacy). I hope you can fix this because I really, really don't want to make a new account. I have years worth of stuff that would take hours and hours to replicate - it would be heartbreaking. Been paying for premium for years now and this has never been an issue before.

Screenshot_20210420-195119_Spotify.jpgScreenshot 2021-04-20 at 7.51.33 pm.png

Mickey_1988

Same problem here. Recently played section has completely disappeared from my desktop app.

PC, Windows 10, app version 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a. I'm from Poland.

Mobile app (android) works fine.

sixty428

Hi

The "Recently Played" hub is missing for me too, on the iPhone app, and the Windows 10 desktop app, but not on the iPad app.

The "Recently Played" hub was my go-to for daily playing. To have that replaced with a patronizing "Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening" section that only contains six items, none of which update (or seem relevant), seems absolutely incompetent on the part of your developers.

I have tried all of your suggested fixes, with no success, so please don't suggest them again. Gaslighting your paying customers is just plain insulting.

What I feel you need to be telling us users, particularly those on premium accounts, is that we are being unwittingly used as guinea pigs in an apparently random A-B trial. This appears to be the truth, and I don't believe any of us signed up for this, or are happy about having our daily music hub habits interfered with.

I look forward to hearing the truth from you, and news on an imminent fix so that I can return to using Spotify as I am accustomed to.

Thank you.