Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Recently Played section not updating anymore

Hi team,

For any reason, the Mac Desktop "Recently Played" section doesn't get refreshed.

The one of the web player of the iOS app works perfectly.

I already did a clean reinstallation of the desktop app and the issue occurs whatever other laptop I use.

(see attached screenshots)

Any idea?

desktop 1.png
desktop 2.png
Image.png

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Tjoffsan

@mintleafrei @Ivan 
This issue persists for me as well, albums and playlists that I listened to months ago get stuck in the recently played section. It's been this way for over a year at this point.

Make/Model: Custom built PC
OS Version: 2004
OS Build: 19041.508

Spotify version: 1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7
Troubleshooting: Cleared cache, browser cache, code cache, GPU cache, cookies files, reinstalled Spotify, deleted prefs file, deleted recently-played.spa file, logged out and back in.

nixtl

I'm also having this issue:

Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar (2018)

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

Spotify 1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7

I can clear items out of my "Recently Played" manually, but those deleted items continue to remain on the home screen under "Recently Played" even after quitting the app/signing out.

mintleafrei

@Ivan 
To clarify the Recently Played tab works fine and as intended, but the section on the Homepage at the top labeled Recently Played is stuck on a single album. A friend linked it to me to get my opinion and since then it has invaded the space of my Homepage without leaving room for anything I actually recently play.

Windows 10
1.1.42.622.gbd112320
Reinstalled spotify, logged-in and logged-out, tried to open other playlist links

maledicent

This issue was opened in Dec 2019 and Sep 2020 its still an issue. Home screen has updated on the desktop app maybe a few times in the last year. Currently had the same "Recently played" for about 3 months now. Before that it was stuck for another few months. I don't understand how their software has been broken for so long when they are (were) the top music streaming service around.

This applies to my windows installs on two computers and on my linux install, so its definitely not specific to one platform. Happens on latest version 1.1.42.622.gbd112320. Have tried reinstalling, relogging into account, trying all different types of music (playlists, albums, radio, release radar, etc), cookies are enabled.

I think daily mixes are updating, but recently played, the first thing you see when opening the app, does not. I know daily mixes were stuck on my account for about a month before recently updating in all apps.

luislezcair

For me the issue was fixed, in the desktop app in Windows and Linux and in the Android app.

My home screen was showing bands I've never listened to because I think my account was compromised, but I changed the password.

Linux Desktop app version: 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b

Android app: 8.5.76.962

razuuuu

From what I see here, Spotify is ignoring this issue since Jan 2019.  I'm using spotify on varying devices  and seeing the same two albums I haven't played for months now on "recently played" home screen is really getting on my nerves.

If the issue is about device model or OS, how come I see that home screen on every different device I sign in. newly installed app on a brand new PC should be getting the data from somewhere.

JonSchechter

Please just give this to an engineer already.

amab321

This is absolutely pathetic. Do better spotify

Katerina

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate you bearing with us while our teams are working on this!

We don't have any more info to pass on for now but rest assured that we'll share any updates here in this thread once we have them.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend making sure that the app is up to speed with the latest version available so you won't miss any improvements and fixes coming your way.

Have a lovely day 🙂

maymaymay5

I hope this will be fixed soon. I just wanna add that maybe it somehow related to subscription? I was on one month free period and everything was fine. I subscribed few days ago and this problem appeared for me. Recently played on Home screen not updating since I subscribed. 

I’m kinda mad because I really like desktop app for Spotify and it’s main reason why I use Spotify instead of Apple Music because iTunes is annoying to use on Windows.