Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Recently Played section not updating anymore

Hi team,

For any reason, the Mac Desktop "Recently Played" section doesn't get refreshed.

The one of the web player of the iOS app works perfectly.

I already did a clean reinstallation of the desktop app and the issue occurs whatever other laptop I use.

(see attached screenshots)

Any idea?

desktop 1.png
desktop 2.png
Image.png

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Looony

Hello All,

There is another thread happening over here - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Recently-Played-not-updating/idi-p/5233455

about this issue. It's only a week old and it's already Under Investigate.

Please make sure you are commenting and voting on this NEW thread.

Krudmon

Just a heads up, this seems to have been fixed for me in one of the recent desktop client updates. Not sure if it will pop up again (I hope not) or if it's still acting up for anyone else.

m_b_80

Finally! Seems to be working OK in version 1.1.66.578.gc54d0f69-a on Windows 🤞

kabuki_128

I'm using version 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e and the issue still exists.

Derp32

iPhone 13 ..just updated my Spotify app and it’s not refreshing my recently played artist. Tried everything from deleting the app and clearing cache and still nothing! 

csantiago91

Same here. Mi PC version (Windows 10) stopped counting songs. Don't know when this started to happen. The mobile version works perfectly but for some reason that only Spotify knows, my Recently Played section it's not updating and all I am listening has gone in the void.

Zman97

From what I can tell by reading all these comments it's almost like the iOS app, Desktop app, and the web player are not synced together when it comes to your Recently Played tab. I have issues on the web player and my MacBook Air Retina 13 inch, 2018 and running on macOS Monterey 12.1. I've cleared caches and done a clean install of the app (so we know the drivers are up to date unless Spotify for some reason isn't putting the correct version on their own website). Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad, this is my current version directly from the Desktop app. If this was a device issue this wouldn't be an issue for so many people on a variety of different devices. There's something in the software that is not letting these three (and likely more) platforms talk together when it needs to update the Recently Played tab. Kinda just guessing but that's what it appears to me from working on other pieces of software.

qgittings

Any updates on this issue???

Been fighting it for a while, Recently Played doesn't update in its entirety, the Mac app only has a small portion of the recently played items compared to iPhone and iPad apps.

The 6 playlist under my “good morning” are not updating. I’ve tried to log in and out, I’ve uninstalled the app, and I’ve tried to clear my storage but nothing has worked.
fgerber19

Any updates on this? Still having the issue and given the way Spotify appears on the Rivian interface, this is really frustrating!

Thanks